Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop


Ok....so, I don't do videos.  I don't like how my voice sounds recorded, and I absolutely do not like how I look on film....but I like the topics for the vlog options.  Last week I just didn't do a post because I was trying to be obedient and since it was vlog...but this week I've decided since that is the topic I want to write about about...you get a two for one.  Last week and this weeks "vlog" topics written below....
Last week we talked about how your blog got it's name...
My blogging started in 2008, as a way to share in real time the goings on of our family and the never ending growth of my children.  It was a semi successful attempt at transforming my hugely unsuccessful annual family newsletter...so the name was the name of the newsletter, which was The (insert our last name) Journal.  In July of last year, I discovered meme's and blog hops and just wasn't comfortable with people I don't know seeing my family, knowing our names etc...so I changed the name, and moved the "family specific" posts to a newly created blog.  I didn't like having two to keep up with, so merged the posts back.  Then earlier this year, I split them again for reasons known only to me...and here you are.  This blog's current name is from one of my favorite scriptures in The Book of Mormon and is primarily for blog hops and memes (although obviously, bits of family info and pics are shared).  The scripture is 2 Nephi 2:25 and the full scripture says, "Adam fell that men  might be, and men are that they might have joy." The family blog still does not carry our family name...at the time I came up with the name, it was more a hope that what it says would come to fruition.  That is still my hope...we shall see.  The family blog is "Making Happy Moments".  I also have a business blog, "Hook N Scrap".  I have a memorial blog for my son, "Made Together To Grow Apart" and then I started a new blog a couple months ago to try to capture the many many blessings in my life. Currently it is called "Walk in Gratitude Daily"...but am thinking of changing the name to something else, if it's not already taken. 

This week show us where the magic happens!
Where do you do your blogging? in my room generally, sometimes in the living room watching tv
When does it get done?  in the evenings, usually after 8 or so, when the boys have pretty much settled for the night

How long does it take to write a post? depends on the day...this blog is the only one that stays even remotely current...usually a couple hours, but again depends on how many blog hops there are on a day and how many questions and frankly, just how much I feel like writing; my goal is to get the family blog current by the end of summer and to post a minimum of monthly on the others, with the ultimate goal being weekly.

How much time do you spend on the computer? alot...since most of my work is done on the computer, I spend most of my work day on the computer; at home, I have email, facebook, blogger...and a few other sites I try to get to on a regular basis.  So many things are now electronic, digital, and computerized...there is almost nothing that can't be or isn't done on the computer.  I also work from home quite a bit...it's the only way I get anything done...and since my now former boss has resigned..I acquired quite a few additional duties, as if I wasn't busy enough....

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I like the name. I wish more people would take it literally.