These questions have no right or wrong answers...Because sometimes asking the right questions is the answer.
hmmm...younger, I'm sure. I remember as a child thinking my parents were so very OLD; now as I've reached (and passed) the age my parents were -- I don't feel as old as I thought they were, and have often wondered if my children think I am as old as I thought they were....I sure hope not!
2.Which is worse, failing or never trying?
I would have to say never trying would be worse....because at least if you try, you don't have to wonder what if...and you don't have regrets over something you didn't do or try to do
3.If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
some of the things we do that we don't like are necessary and required...so not really a choice; and the things we do like that we don't do get backburnered due to the necessary don't like to do things...life is a balance...you have to do the not so good so you can enjoy the good
4.When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
shoot...I hope not. I am actively making changes to that...trying to do more, mean what I say when I say it...trying to be a better wife, better mother, better person...it is a slow process though, and not at all easy
5.What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
I would like for there to not be so much economic and social status difference....not necessarily equality in that everyone shares communal assets, but not such disparity that necessities are difficult to meet...everyone has something to contribute in their society, but often times the poor get overlooked and struggle just to meet the basic needs of life (this makes alot more sense in my head than what I can convey in words)
6.If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
scrapbooking, crocheting and crafting of pretty much any kind....gifts for everyone!
7.Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
I can happily and proudly say that everything I do...I believe in. I am employed in my profession of choice and love what I do. It is an accomplishment to know that I have enabled the healthcare of a person, and hopefully allowed health and comfort to be restored to them through the access and safekeeping of their health records. Any task I undertake related to my faith and church responsibilities are a result of my belief in the doctrines I have been taught. I don't believe in settling, at least not long term...perhaps short term to accomplish long term goals.
8.If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
wow...I would have been much younger than I was when I started having children...lol! I don't know...I'm not sure I would have lived differently..it just would have all been on a much different timeline.
9.To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
I have let my actions be controlled by others at various times during my life...but in the end, the path I travel is and always has been in my control; maybe temporarily off course at times, but I usually find myself and come back.
10.Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
I would rather do the right things wrong, than do the wrong things right....it's kind of similar to question #2....I would rather fail at attempting to do the right thing than be a success at doing the wrong thing, because even if I fail at doing the right thing....my heart and intentions were in the right place. Being happy at doing the wrong thing is just selfish.
11.You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
I would like to think I would tell them he/she is a friend...and hope that would be enough to make them stop. If they did not..I would politely excuse myself.
12.If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
Remember who you are....remember where you are going...live your life, make your decisions with the knowledge that you are a child of God.
13.Would you break the law to save a loved one?
in a heartbeat
14.Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
I'm not sure of this one....might have to ponder it some.
15.What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
I eat differently than most people...ie I don't drink during meals most of the time, I eat one food at a time, I don't mix my foods, I cut my food into almost uniform pieces. My husband makes fun of my often.
16.How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
because we are all different, we all have different interests, different things that make us "tick"
17.What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
I want to one day go on a cruise. That has been a dream for a very long time....since high school. Lack of funds is holding me back....but one day, it will happen.
18.Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
if you were to ask my husband...he would say just look in my office--it's full of stuff I need to let go of...lol. I do have alot of "projects" I am working on...and I do hold on to sentimental items (like the clothes each of my children wore home from the hospital, gifts from particular family members, shirts I wore in high school, blankets, etc)
19.If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
I might want to be somewhere where the weather is a bit more tolerable in the summer...it was miserably hot this year...
20.Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
sometimes...but not very much. And no, I don't believe it makes it any faster.
21.Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
a joyful simpleton...worry makes you neurotic..and gives me a tension headache (which I've been living with for the last month and a half...it's not so fun)
22.Why are you, you?
because that is who I am supposed to be...I was created to be who I am...
23.Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
probably not always...but I am continually trying to be a better friend
24.Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
it's bad when a good friend moves away..but it gives you a vacation destination...lol. I would think losing touch with a good friend who lives near you would be worse...because it would mean that something happened or something got in the way of the friendship...I don't know that I can think of any good reason that that should occur...provided the friendship was appropriate to start with....
25.What are you most grateful for?
Faith, Family, Friends--I can't be grateful for one without the other...
26.Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
I think I would rather not be able to make new ones. Our memories are sometimes all we have to hold on to to get through each day...each moment. Our memories are the future...without our memories and stories, there is no history. At my niece's funeral 9 years ago (gosh...seems like it was just last year)...our bishop officiated, and one of the things he said was that the memories hurt; but that if we wish to take away the pain, then we take away the memories, and then we have nothing. I believe that to be true.
27.Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
28.Has your greatest fear ever come true?
oh yes. November 4, 2004. My son died.
29.Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
um...no...and....no.
30.What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
my dad was in the army, so "coming home" to visit in between whereever the next destination was...we practically had a family reunion every day
31.At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
any date night with my husband--we went to Tunica in May and stayed overnight in one of the hotels....it was nice to be alone, without worrying about interruptions....
32.If not now, then when?
I am guilty of "when X happens, I will do ___________"..I am trying to get better....but it is another one of those slow processes
33.If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
I just have a hard time getting past my own insecurities...
34.Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
I have...happens often with my husband, and has happened with my best friend
35.Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
religions do not cause wars....the PEOPLE of the religions cause the wars
36.Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
not always, no. Sometimes it is really a choice between the lesser of two evils OR between what is good and what is better. Or what is good now vs what is good at a different time.
37.If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
no...I like what I do...I would pay off bills, buy a car (or 2), buy/build a house(or 2), pay for my children's college and missions...and not sure what else...but I would continue working....
38.Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
how about I say I'm greedy and want both....I do enjoy my job the majority of the time, but I have more work than 3 of me can reasonably do...but it is the same everywhere. Do more with less...that's what it has become...with the same expectations however, doesn't matter that you have half the staff you did a year ago...
39.Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
no...every day is different, every day is a new challenge....
40.When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
many times this year..
41.If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
family excluded as they are a given, if I could get there....Jenn; I would definitely call her if unable to be there in person
42.Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
oh gosh no....I'd rather live longer and do more than be what the world considers "extremely attractive" ...my husband tells me how beautiful I am to him every day...that's all I need. And I have absolutely no desire to be famous. I don't live my life on display...it's one thing to share my life here and with others, but something else to have others inviting themselves into my life.
43.What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
being alive is a physiological process....heart beating, lungs breathing etc; truly living is enjoying the process, enjoying your surroundings, the people in your life
44.When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
as long as it IS right..then do it NOW.
45.If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
because even though we learn from the mistake, sometimes the effects of the mistake are life altering and cannot be fixed....we learn not to do it again, but sometimes that is too little too late. The lessons are learned in retrospect; sometimes what we fear is the unknown....
46.What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
I would dance more, I would speak my mind and my thoughts more freely
47.When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
so long ago that I don't remember...
48.What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
what or who? Faith~Family~Friends...and I try and am trying to be more open....that is hard for me
49.In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
actually remember...probably not. But I keep a journal...so if anything worth remembering happened...it will be written down and I can review it.
50.Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
a little bit of both, I think.

No comments:
Post a Comment