Sunday, September 19, 2010

Thursday Catch Up




Mama's Losin' It
 
 Choose a prompt, post it on your blog, and come back and sign Mr. McLinky. Be sure to sign up with the actual post URL and not just your basic blog URL (click on the title of your post for that URL). For good comment karma try to comment on the three blogs above your name!!

The Prompts:

1.) I recently participated in a LIVE chat about couponing in the Frugal Living community on BlogFrog and I had no IDEA this community of savers existed. Describe a time when you saved BIG.


2.) Over at SITS we’re hosting a week long Back2Blogging event that will end with someone taking home a brand new washer and dryer from Electrolux. Since September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month and Electrolux is working to promote awareness and early detection, I’ll be writing about a survivor or supporter that inspires me at SITS on Thursday. That was a long way of saying, Describe a woman who inspired YOU.

3.) Write about what blogging means to you. Why do you blog? What purpose does it serve you and how have you benefited from sharing a piece of yourself online this way?


4.) Why did you do it? Write about a time you chose to break a rule.


5.) Describe an awkward conversation you had with someone recently.


I know I am behind, but I really, really wanted to do this one when I read about it the other day.....so late or not, here ya go:

As you can see by by the bold above, I chose #3.

I love to meet people.  I love to help people.  Blogging is to me a way to share a small (or large) piece of myself with people I might not otherwise meet and hopefully in some way help or support them, even if it is just by being a "friend", a follower, a "stalker".  My original blog started as a way to share the events of my families life with our friends and family who live afar...it was an extension of a family newsletter that I just could never seem to get completed or distributed.  And the blog is more current.  In the last few months, it has become that and so much more.  I discovered meme's, and I was hooked.  I love those things....it enables me to share parts of me I might not otherwise be able to...and I can "meet" people, learn from people, learn new things, new insights.  It's is awesome!
I blog for the reasons listed above, plus I love to write.  My blog is an extension of my journal.  I can share events and to some extent my thoughts and feelings.
The purpose it serves is it's another outlet for me, it's my downtime, my "me" time....and it also gives me a place to research crafts, recipes, church topics from a real life perspective, and it has allowed me to explore new ways to express myself.  I love finding blogs of people who have had similar experiences as me....it is a way to share and connect.  The benefits of sharing myself... I meet people, I learn from people, and if in some small way I can help someone else do or learn how to cope with the challenges they face...then it is all worth it.  And I have fun.

1 comment:

Kris Hannah said...

I love your new look! Fall is my favorite season :)