The Questions:
1. Which do you prefer: Vacation or Staycation?
i don't know....both have their advantages...usually vacations are too short, but I do love to go explore and experience new places...and my husband is a great travel planner....once we've chosen a destination, he explores and researches....
but staycations are fun too....they don't typically require as much money as there are not travel or lodging costs or add'l food costs
i don't know....both have their advantages...usually vacations are too short, but I do love to go explore and experience new places...and my husband is a great travel planner....once we've chosen a destination, he explores and researches....
but staycations are fun too....they don't typically require as much money as there are not travel or lodging costs or add'l food costs
2. Are you a spontaneous vacationer? In other words, could you take off at a moment’s notice, without making reservations or planning any activities, basically just flying by the seat of you pants?
oh no.....i have to plan....especially for travel
oh no.....i have to plan....especially for travel
3. What’s the best vacation you’ve even been on?
I don't know if I can pick just one....we've been on a few great ones....we went to Galveston one year--camped on the beach (well, close enough to hear and see it anyway), we went to East TN a couple of years ago which was beautiful and awesome, we've been to Sea World San Antonio a couple of times....as child we drove to California for a family reunionn and went to Disneyland, San Francisco, the Grand Canyon,
4. Which did you love more as a kid: Summer vacation, or Christmas vacation?
we didn't really do either one when I was a child....our vacations were timed more around my dad's leave times (he was in the army)...
5. What was the last vacation you went on?
in March, we went to Vancouver, WA to visit my best friend; it was AWESOME! see my post here....
6. Have you ever vacationed somewhere all on your own?
no...my vacations have always been with my family, unless you count the business trip I took to Chicago just after we moved to Memphis, but 1--that was not a vacation, and 2--I was not alone (it was a training seminar for a software program my boss and I attended)--but Chicago was great...we stayed in a hotel just one block down from "The Magnificent Mile" (aka Michigan Ave for those who don't know) and we ate dinner one night at the Navy Pier and then just did some sight seeing (on foot) the last day to kill some time before going to the airport...we ate lunch at The Cheesecake Factory in the bottom of the famous tower there..the name escapes me....
7. What would be your idea of a dream vacation?
just somewhere to relax, have fun, make memories....I'm hoping for a trip for just my husband and I next year for our 20th wedding anniversary....just not sure the funds will be there for a family vacation AND a couple trip...if not, we are planning couple time during the family vacation to celebrate our anniversary, and then something on a smaller scale on our actual anniversary
8. Do you have a passport (and if you don’t, why the heck not?)
no I don't...haven't had the need...and it seems like alot of hassle
no I don't...haven't had the need...and it seems like alot of hassle
1 comment:
That has always been my feeling about a passport, too.... and then my husband comes home and says that he has to go to Japan on business... or Ireland... or France. He currently has an account in Brazil, so I would expect that to be next!
Post a Comment