Saturday, June 25, 2011

W - T - F


So....  I had a couple of comments on previous posts that there was a new meme sight...and promptly forgot about it...until I was cleaning up my deleted and spam mail today, and saw the emailed comment from my blog. 

Here ya go...3 days in one:

Wednesday 6-22-11


1) It seems like a ton of restaurants have started having savory salads that include fruit (strawberries, mandarin oranges, grapes, apples, etc.) along with lettuce or some other leafy veggie. Frankly, I don't think fruit and veggies should mix on my plate, but apparently not everyone agrees with me. What is your take on salads with fruit?
so far so good....i've had the fruit and chicken salad at chick fil a....it's pretty good.  I've also had a strawberry spinach salad with walnuts and blue cheese that I got the recipe for .....so that tells you it was good!


2) I like to play this little game with myself (and sometimes friends) where I make up stories in my head about someone's secret sexual fetishes based on the way they look and my initial opinion of them. I once made the assumption that a certain female coworker was into dominatrix stuff and my theory just recently got confirmed, much to my disgust. If I were to meet you in person, what kind of fetish do you think I'd assume you'd be into?
since i don't know what you base your assumptions on....I have no idea


3) A former coworker recently told me that he always wished he had the ability to stop time so he could do it during a company wide meeting and arrange all the bosses into a crazy orgy and when he un-stopped time they'd be caught in compromising positions. What would you do if you could stop time?





4) On an episode of "The Big Bang Theory," the character of Sheldon breaks into an arcade and plays in the ball pit for a while, which looks like a ton of fun to me. (Click here if you want to watch the scene.) If you were locked in an arcade for a night and could act like a carefree child, what games would you play or what activities would you do?
i always liked pac man and asteroids....lol



5) If someone gave you an insider trading secret, would you risk getting caught and use the information to invest money in a business and rake in the cash?
uh no, absolutely not


6) I came home from work last Friday night to find a massive crime scene at the drug dealer's house across the street. As I was trying to drive into my driveway, I saw two police officers throw a very tall, large man onto the ground, put handcuffs on him, and drag him to a police car. It was like an episode of "COPS" in front of me. Have you ever witnessed someone getting arrested? (Or, have you ever been arrested yourself?)
no I haven't ever been arrested....and not sure if she was arrested, but a few weeks ago, the lady across the street was put in police car and her car trunk was searched


7) Food-eating challenges intrigue me (and apparently fans of the TV shows "Man vs. Food" and "Outrageous Food"). A local hot dog place will give you free hot dogs if you can eat 25 or more in an hour. I so think I could do it. Have you ever taken part in some sort of food eating contest or challenge?
no, I have no desire to make a glutton of myself for everyone to see, thanks


8) Flash mobs seem to be happening everywhere all the time. What do you think is the appeal of being in a flash mob? This is a phenomenon I simply do not understand.
the appeal....attention getting I guess...not for me though




9) My younger brother disturbingly nicknamed my breasts "Pedro" and "Sanchez" one day; why they're named after Mexican men I don't know. Have you ever nicknamed a body part, of your own or someone else's?
once upon a time....yes


10) Since I started my current job, I've met a lot of women who are shoe-obsessed. Apparently there's a difference between wearing shoes and loving shoes. Why do you think some women feel the need to own up to 100 or more pairs of shoes? Why do you think they will pay hundreds of dollars on a single pair?
some women like to have a pair of shoes to match every outfit; and as for the cost, so some shoes are a status symbol;  me, i'm happy as long as they are comfortable (which is sometimes a challenge for me) and as for cost, the most I ever paid for a pair of shoes was about 120 dollars...but so worth it!  They are comfortable and came with a money back guarantee....


11) Would you pose completely naked for a magazine for $10,000?
i wouldn't pose naked for anyone, money or not...


12) If I walked into your home at this exact moment, what would I see? Is it neat and clean, is it mostly clean with just a few things out of place, or is it like my house which always looks like a tornado went through?
it is...tidy.  tomorrow is cleaning day, so floors will be swept and mopped....but the rooms are straightened up each evening


Thursday 6-23-11

1) When I was in an elementary school gym class, I was wearing a skirt that somehow fell clear down to my ankles. (Luckily I was a tomboy and had shorts underneath so my panties weren't exposed.) Have you ever had a major wardrobe malfunction?
I had an "almost" wardrobe malfunction....the straps on my swimsuit are adjustable, and the clip came out of the loop....thankfully my daughter was nearby and able to fix it for me....


2) One of my favorite things to do when I'm bored is watch videos of Jack Vale pulling pranks on people at Walmart and Target (he uses a device to make farting noises near shoppers, covertly blows bubbles at people, and talks about strangers on the phone) while someone else captures the shoppers' reactions on video. (Click here to watch his videos). If you could work undercover and see how people behave in a situation and how they respond to you, what identity would you take?
there is a reason I didn't take to acting....I don't lie or pretend well (which is not really a bad thing in my opinion)....I don't care what people think of me anyway...I am who I am




3) Everyone seems to disagree on how to put your toilet paper on the holder. I've found the solution... my toilet paper just sits on the counter, but I know most people aren't like me and actually want the convenience of toilet paper that rolls off a holder. So when you replace your toilet paper roll, do you make it where the paper rolls over the top or from the bottom?
ours currently sits on the counter, but I don't like it there.  the set up in our bathroom is not conducive to putting it on the holder....but when I have one, it rolls from the top


4) Would you rather have a two-hour appointment talking about your deepest thoughts and emotions with a mental health therapist or doing your taxes with an accountant?
numbers and i don't get along very well....and while I am not a talker, especially about my deepest thoughts and emotions...I'll go see the therapist, thanks--if she lets me write, we'll be set!


5) One of my coworkers has a severe annoyance toward people eating carrots. If looks could kill when someone is crunching on carrots, she'd brutally murder half the people in our department. Are there any noises that drive you up the wall?
teeth grinding....my youngest son grinds his teeth in his sleep....gives me chills up my back and makes my jaws hurt




6) If and when you play Monopoly, which figurine do you usually grab? I've never really played it, but I'm all about the cute doggy.
I'm trying to remember the ones from the original monopoly...I think I liked the horse; in the millenium monopoly I like the computer monitor


7) How would you cope if you were not allowed to know all the details about your significant other's job (like if they were in the CIA or in the military)?
I don't have a significant other...but my job is similar; its' not top secret or anything like that, but I work in medical records...so i can't share if any high profile persons from the community come to our hospital as patients....


8) What do you think the world would be like if cows produced Red Bull instead of milk?
a world full of caffeine addicted fools moving at a faster pace than most do already


9) Today (June 23) is National Pink Day. My grandfather always said, "Real men don't wear pink." Do you think a man can wear pink clothing and still appear masculine?
of course....depends on the style and complementing colors


10) If your neighbors kept their Christmas lights up all year and actually lit them up at least once a week, would you be annoyed or would you not even care?
depends on if I can see them from my window or not...


11) On Tuesday, I reported one of my neighbors to the city animal welfare department because of animal cruelty for leaving their two tiny puppies outside in 100-degree heat for hours every day without food and water. (Ironically, these aren't the same neighbors who are drug dealers. I just live in THAT kind of neighborhood.) Have you ever had to report your neighbors for some sort of crime or law violation?
not that i can recall; i think we did have to call animal control last year...our next door neighbor's dog and our dogs got in a fight; a few days later she had her dog outside -again-without a leash (and had no fence up yet)....after we had both been instructed by animal control of the leash requirements in our city

Friday 6-24-11

1) If your life was a TV game show, what current show or type of show would best reflect the life you've lived?
these days, Family Feud, only the Feud is not in fun


2) We all know the story of "Freaky Friday" (two people change places and live in the other person's body for a day or two). If you could become any member of your family for just one day, who would you become?
i find it doubtful anyone would want to be me....but I might trade places with one of my children for a day, as long as it was a day during the summer ;)

3) The current issue of Redbook magazine talks about how to handle your children walking in on you having sex. ... Did you ever hear your parents or *shudder* walk in on them having sex? What happened once they found out that you overheard it or saw them? Did they talk to you about it or just pretend it didn't happen?
I walked in on my parents once...but they never knew...and I never shared


4) On opposite end of the spectrum, one of my ex-boyfriends once got a gun pulled on him when he was caught having sex with a hunter's teenage daughter. Did anyone ever catch you during a sexual activity?
no...but there were a few close calls


5) My father, an art teacher and professional artist, always said that the most beautiful people in the world usually have symmetrical faces. If beauty is mostly based on bilateral symmetry, why do you think most hairstyles are asymmetrical?
for opposition?  not ever really thought about that


6) Would you eat a bowl of live crickets for $10,000?
I wouldn't eat a bowl of live anything for any amount of money....ew


7) List 5 things that simply bore you to tears.
sports
politics
talk shows (especially radio)
documentaries
legal mumbo jumbo

8) Tell me about one of your totally useless possessions and how you came to own it, and don't try to tell me you don't have at least one useless item because we all have 'em.
i'm sure I do...but as it is approaching 1am and I have to be up in a few hours, this requires more thought process than i have the energy for


9) If farting was a career, my younger brother could seriously be a billionaire. What is a "skill" you naturally possess that you wish you could make a living doing?
organizing and reorganizing things


10) If your significant other created a scavenger hunt for your birthday during which you had to drive around town and gather clues to locate your gift, would you find it romantic or annoying?
n/a (but for the record, had it ever happened, I would have found it romantic)


11) The circus is in my town this weekend. If you joined the circus, what act would you most want to perform?
acrobatics..tightrope, trapeze, ribbon dancing (whatever that is that they do Circ de Soleil)...


12) What do you think would happen if it really did rain cats and dogs? I know I'd be in heaven if it happened, but what about you?
what happens to them when they hit the ground....I think I'd go stark raving mad..

13) Today (June 24) is “UFO Day.” The first documented UFO sighting was on this
day. Do you believe in life on other planets?
no I don't ...i believe it's possible, but I don't believe there is currently life on other planets




No comments: