Friday, June 17, 2011

Influence and Inspiration of the Spirit of the Lord


Alma 6:6

Nevertheless the children of God were commanded that they should gather themselves together oft, and join in fasting and mighty prayer in behalf of the welfare of  the souls of those who knew not God.
As I have mentioned previously, I am making a concerted effort to read my scriptures each morning.  I can see the blessings it brings to my day and to my life.  I never cease to be astounded at the influence of the Spirit and how much more receptive I am to that influence.  All I can or will say about the scripture above is that the timing is divinely inspired.  Last night, I was made aware that someone whom I thought of as family for the last 20 years doesn't have a very flattering opinion of me...to say that I am stunned is an understatement.  Maybe a little angry...but mostly just stunned.  And then I read this scripture this morning....made some of the not so nice thoughts I was having dissipate. 

For those of you who follow my blog ...I will get caught up.  Promise.



No comments: