Monday, June 6, 2011

Friend Making Monday



FMM: Why Do You Blog?

I started blogging several years ago as a way to share the events and happenings in our family on a more real time basis than the annual family newsletter that just never came to fruition...but as is still the case with the family blog...I can't seem to keep up.  I did pretty well for a while...posted monthly, but it keeps getting bumped.
Last year, I separated what was this blog (aka the family blog), changed the name of it, and created a new family blog, because once I discovered blog hops, I didn't want people I didn't know from the man down the street to be privy to the details of my family (the previous blog name included my family's last name, and I posted pictures and used first names...and well, I guess I watch the news too much...just made me uneasy.)  So...now I have this blog, which is strictly for blog hops, and other non family specific posts (although I do still share what 's going on in my family via the blog hop questions).  I also have a new family blog..that is very very behind.  I have a business blog, a gratitude blog, and a memory blog for my son that died at birth.

This is at this point the only blog that is kept current....and it's because I LOVE these blog hops!  It's a way to meet people, to get ideas for crafts, recipes, parenting, etc and it's fun.






No comments: