Friday, May 27, 2011

Food For Thought Friday



A little feast without the calories!!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Breakfast: What happened that affected you in the world this week?
more storms....the tornado in Joplin, MO was terribly devastating.  My dad has friends there....no one was injured or otherwise, but one of the friends sons' lost his house and pretty much everything they owned.  The stories....it's heartbreaking to hear of people...kids...being pulled from their parents arms.  (The fact that we had a terrible storm two nights later did not ease my mind much...many tornado watches and warnings and even a funnel cloud near us, but thankfully only some downed trees and power outages.  And even more thankfully...not us.)

Lunch: What guilty pleasure did you indulge in this week?
getting my contact prescription renewed, joining the Y (although it was a couple weeks ago), and tomorrow I will do what I have been doing for the last several months....get a pedicure and my nails done, only I'm getting a new set tomorrow (my bday is next week, so thinking i might jazz them up a little....)

Dinner: What has been on your mind this week?
see the breakfast entry....the weather this year has been so devastating....between tornadoes all around us and flooding...it's so sad.  A friend at work pretty much lost their house due to the flooding....so many animals abandoned.  Breaks my heart.
I've also had the stagnant status of my divorce proceedings on my mind...so tired of the in limbo feeling....ready to move forward.

 
Midnight Snack: What made you proud this week?
my children's last day of school was yesterday....I am now the proud mom of a high school sophomore (without summer school!) and a 1st grader

Recipe of the Week (instead of your recipe for life what is it just for the week?)
I wrote this poem yesterday for another blog hop I do....my "recipe" for the week is to regroup and refocus my efforts to being the best I can.

Starting Over
5-26-11

The hardest part of ending is starting again....
The hardest part of starting is knowing where to begin.

I wish I knew 20 years ago what I know now...
Might have changed the course of my life somehow.

I'm starting anew, even if it wasn't in my plan.
Learning to live alone, to be the best I can.

Mowing the yard, going to work, raising the boys..
Taking care of the pets, and searching for life's little joys.

Sleeping alone, driving alone, sitting alone, feeling ... alone
I've always been a loner, but the new silence is not a pleasant tone.

One foot in front of the other, it's what I've always done.
I will do the same now, because this fight is already won.

I know I will overcome, I will succeed.
The journey is long, the path rough and unclear.
But I will make it, if His voice I will heed.
mj



1 comment:

Jodi said...

Michelle, thanks for playing along! I loved your answers! I REALLY loved your poem. Hugs to you in your new journey! You are never really alone....