Friday, March 4, 2011

Rock N Roll Friday





David Bowie.



1. Space Oddity “Ground control to Major Tom. Take your protein pill and put your helmet on…”

What vitamin or mineral supplement(s) do you take?
the only time I've ever taken vitamins was when I was pregnant...


2. Changes “And these children that you spit on. As they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations. They’re quite aware of what they’re going thru”

What advice or suggestion have you given recently that went unheeded?
i try not to give advice...and if I do, it is up to the person to use it or not


3. Starman “There’s a starman waiting in the sky. He’d like to come and meet us, but he thinks he’d blow our minds…”

Do you believe there is intelligent life on other planets that has been monitoring us on earth?
uh....NO


4. Ziggy Stardust “Ziggy played guitar, jamming good with Weird and Gilly, the Spiders from Mars. He played it left hand, but made it too far. Became the special man, then we were Ziggy’s band”

What is your favorite “fad” singer or band that swooped in with a hit and swooped out 15 minutes of fame?
Chely Wright


5. Heroes “I, I will be King, and you, you will be Queen. Though nothing will drive them away. We can beat them just for one day. We can be heroes just for one day…”

Do you think the Royals should remain in England as sovereign rulers?
can't say that I have an opinion one way or the other....


6. Fame “Fame makes a man take things over. Fame, lets him loose, hard to swallow. Fame puts you where things are hollow…”

For you, what would be the worst part about being famous?
the lack of privacy, feeling like every aspect of my life and m family's was being scrutinized....


7. Ashes to Ashes “I never done good things, I never done bad things, I never did anything out of the blue…”

Name a good thing and a bad thing you did recently.
Good:  not everyone would agree that this is good, but I filed for divorce last week
Bad:  I doze off at my desk at work (because I don't get enough sleep at night) 


8. Fashion “Fashion! Turn to the left! Fashion! Turn to the right! Ooooooh, Fashion! We are the goon squad and we’re coming to town, beep beep!”

What is the last fashionable item you bought?
i've bought some new shirts recently


9. Let’s Dance “Let’s dance to the song they’re playin on the radio…Let’s sway while color lights up your face, let’s sway, sway thru the crowd to an empty space…”

When was the last time you slow-danced with someone and what was the song?
that was probably New Year's Eve 2004...but don't remember the song...don't even remember for sure if we danced, though we were at a dance;  prior to that would have been high school


10. China Girl “I could escape this feeling with my china girl. I feel a wreck without my china girl…”

What is your favorite Chinese dish?
i like most chinese food....pepper steak, beef and broccoli, sweet and sour chicken or pork....


11. Modern Love “Never gonna fall for modern love walks beside m, modern love walks on by. Modern love gets me to the church on time…”

What is different about modern dating /relationships from what you did as a teenager?
honestly, I don't know; haven't dated since I was 19....but I will be finding out in due time.  Off the top of my head, probably the one thing that is very different are the dating and singles sites for meeting people...


12. Cat People “See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years. Colder than the moon…”

What is your least favorite thing about cats?
they are pretty self sufficient, not needy....give 'em food, water, and a place to go potty, and they're good


13. Rebel Rebel “You love bands when they’re playin hard. You want more and you want it fast. They put you down, they say I’m wrong. You tacky thing, you put them on”

What do you like about your wildest friend or acquaintance?
that she doesn't care what other people think...she knows who she is and does what she wants....she's not intimidated by anyone (not that I've seen anyway)
I admire her for it....


 


1 comment:

DJ KathyA said...

Good for you on filing. It is a hard thing to do. Being with a bad man is far worse than being alone, belive me. You will be happier, but it's tough. Don't waffle on it or start feeling sorry for him. I am so glad I got divorced. Life is beautiful now. : ) You are brave to do this. Hang in there.