Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wednesday Wickedness




1. As kids we're not taught how to deal with success; we're taught how to deal with failure. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. If at first you succeed, then what?
What is something in which that you did not expect to succeed, but ultimately you were successful?
graduating college...it took a long time, and alot of effort and sacrifice on the part of myself and my family...but I graduated with high honors

2. Dad kept us out of school, but school comes and goes. Family is forever.
What do you think about home schooling?
I think it can be helpful for kids who stuggle with group settings and "institutionalized" type teaching....the focus and individualized attention from home schooling gives kid a far greater education than what is gained in typical school.  And the  social aspect can be accommodated for through activities and programs designed for home schooling families.
3. I just didn't believe I was like everybody else. I thought I was unique.
What makes you unique?
that is something I am currently working on trying to figure out

4. I just don't want to live like I used to. And at some point, I'm going to put a gag order on myself in terms of talking about the past. I've got to slam the door and deal with the present and the future.
When you meet someone, how much of your past do you reveal?
i'm typically pretty shy, reserved and not a verbal communicator anyway...so very little. 
5. I saw 28 Days. I don't remember rehab being like a day camp or being that funny. Rehab is a dumping ground. It's a big landfill.
Has rehab helped either you or a member of your family?
never had reason to go to rehab....

6. I still don't have all the answers. I'm more interested in what I can do next than what I did last.
Do you dwell on your past?
dwell?...no.  But we can't move forward if we don't learn and grow from past experiences (be they good or bad).

7. I think what drove me insane for a long time is feeling like I hadn't earned most of what I achieved because it came so fast.
Have you ever profited from something that at the time you felt that you did not earn?
um no...I have worked very hard and sacrificed much for what I have
8. I've got volumes on how not to behave. I've got more information now than a guy should have at my age.
Have you ever behaved in a way that you should not have?
I'm sure....anyone who says they haven't is a liar

9. The paramedic called the press and sold me like a loaf of bread. This was news, and he wanted to be the one to report it.
Have you ever been in an ambulance? If not, have you ever been present when an ambulance was used?
yep....I've been in an ambulance twice.  Once when my now 15 year old son was a baby.  And in 2004, I was transferred from one hospital to another with a higher level NICU as I was in preterm-premature labor at 25 weeks with identical twin boys.
10. Uncertainty is a sign of humility, and humility is just the ability or the willingness to learn.
Is there any uncertainty in your life at the present time? In the past?
there is much uncertainty in my life...but one thing I am certain of....I will get through this with the love and support of my amazing friends and by allowing the Lord to guide me on my path;  it may be bumpy, it may be unpleasant for awhile...but one day at a time, one step at a time...I will find the myself and let the person who has lived in the shadows of another for far too long finally shine. 

No comments: