1. YES … AND YOU AND I : “Coins and crosses never know their fruitless worth..”
What inanimate object do you cherish?
my scriptures (though to me they are more than an inanimate object)
2. MOODY BLUES … MELANCHOLY MAN : “Another man is what you'll see, Who looks like you and looks like me, And yet somehow he will not feel the same, His life caught up in misery, he doesn't think like you and me…”
When have you felt like an outcast?
much of the time...junior high(aka middle school) and beginning of high school were kinda rough...i was the new kid both times....high school was a very very small school...everyone had known each other since birth...it was hard to find my niche. I also tend to be very shy with new people, so I don't make friends easily, which sometimes means I'm on the outskirts looking in.
3. EMERSON LAKE & PALMER … THE ENDLESS ENIGMA : “I've seen paupers as kings
Puppets on strings, Dance for the children who stare. You must have seen them everywhere”
How did you entertain a young child recently?
I entertain my 6 year old daily by letting him play games on my ipad...and tonight, we played UBuild Monopoly
4. KING CRIMSON … THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING : “The purple piper plays his tune,
The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king…”
Who is your favorite instrumental group or player?
I have lots, and they change depending on the state my life is in...currently I am loving Christina Perri's Jar of Hearts..describes my current state perfectly
5. PINK FLOYD … US AND THEM : “I've got things on my mind, for want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died…”
Do you give money to beggars?
no...i don't carry cash very often, and I'd rather give food
6. DAVID BOWIE … SPACE ODDITY : “Ground control to Major Tom, Your circuits dead, there's something wrong, Can you hear me, Major Tom?”
Who were you speaking with the last time you had a dropped the call?
not sure it would be considered a "dropped" call...I was talking to a friend last night when her phone died
7. ROXY MUSIC … OH YEAH : “Day and night drifting into love, Driving you home from a movie show, So in tune to the sounds in my car…”
Do you have a special romantic song you love to listen to in the car?
used to, but not so much anymore (see # 4)
8. VELVET UNDERGROUND … FEMME FATALE : “See the way she walks, Hear the way she talks, You're put down in her book, You're number 37, have a look…”
Have you dated a lot of people? (More than 10)
oh heck no (remember the shy girl....doesn't make for a lot of interest)
9. THE NICE … COUNTRY PIE : “Listen to the fiddler play, When he's playin' 'til the break of day, Oh me, oh my, Love that country pie.”
What is your favorite kind of pie?
pecan pie, but only my mom's. I know, i'm a pecan pie snob...what can I say...she makes a mean pecan pie!
10. FRANK ZAPPA … DON’T YOU EAT THAT YELLOW SNOW : “And the northern lights commenced to glow, And she said, with a tear in her eye, Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow…”
Have you ever eaten snow?
eaten snow...yes, but it was not yellow. Snow ice cream is delicious!
11. GENESIS …THROWING IT ALL AWAY : “When there's nothing that I can say -
we're throwing it all away…”
What was the last thing you threw away?
cleaned out my sock/undies/bra drawer last night....let's just say there's more room in there now
12. KATE BUSH …THE DREAMING : “Many an aborigine’s mistaken for a tree, see the light ram through the gaps in the land. You near him on the motorway and the tree began to breathe…”
Have you ever accidentally killed or injured an animal with your car?
probably a squirrel or some other crazed animal that runs out in the street...I hate it, but can't be helped sometimes...
13. JETHRO TULL … LOCOMOTIVE BREATH : “In the shuffling madness Of the locomotive breath, Runs the all time loser, Headlong to his death…”
Have you ever been in a dangerous situation where you could have been hurt or killed?
sadly, a lot more often than I've realized till recently


1 comment:
You reminded me that it's time for me to go thru those same drawers. Things get out of shape, ripped, stretched, etc. : ) Good song choice. I feel the same way about middle school. I was an outcast too because I was a girl playing trumpet in the band and I had wicked acne, so kids teased me. SOme things never change, except back then we would NEVER use an AK-47 to speak in response to bullies. Anyhoo...thanks for playin my meme and have a great weekend!
Post a Comment