11/3/10
Dolly Parton. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!
1. "I hated school. Even to this day, when I see a school bus it's just depressing to me. The poor little kids."
What was your worst year in school? Why?
prob my freshman year.....we had just moved during the previous summer, so I knew NOONE..and we moved to a small school...so everyone had known everyone since birth...it was a while before I found my "niche"
2. "I still close my eyes and go home - I can always draw from that."
Tell us about YOUR home.
if you mean home as in where I'm from....that would be Texas....; if you mean home as in where I live..that is TN, where we have been for the last 7 years. We like it....beautiful landscape, sports events (for my hubby and son especially),
3. "I'm not going to limit myself just because people won't accept the fact that I can do something else."
What have you been told that you couldn’t do, but proved them wrong?
it was suggested that I wouldn't be able to properly raise or take care of my daughter....but I did. :)
4. "I'm old enough and cranky enough now that if someone tried to tell me what to do, I'd tell them where to put it."
What was the last incident where you were told what to do and were insulted?
that unfortunately does happen sometimes....but we get past it; I have been insulted many times over the last year....not by being told what to do, but by the simple fact that certain individuals attempt to insult my intelligence...little do they know how smart I really am and clever they really are not.
5. "If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one."
Have you ever reinvented yourself? How?
to a certain extent, I do this each day, each week.....I try to be a better mom, wife, employee, etc everyday; I try to more fully incorporate the gospel in my life each week and day as well
6. "If you talk bad about country music, it's like saying bad things about my momma. Thems fightin' words."
Is there a type of music that you hate?
nah....not hate anyway.......there are plenty of songs I don't like, primarily those that have offensive language or topics
7. "It's a good thing I was born a girl, otherwise I'd be a drag queen."
Have you ever crossed dressed for Halloween or just for the hell of it?
no...my costumes have always been gender appropriate
8. "My weaknesses have always been food and men - in that order."
What are your weaknesses?
chocolate, chocolate
9. "The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."
Tell us about something that you did that required patience, but was worth it.
this is still ongoing....but so far has been worth it
10. "We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
When was the last time you made a major change in your life?
hmmm....i have this year refocused my efforts on making and keeping my family relationships stonger than they have been
10/27/10
Stephen King. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!
1. “I tend to scare myself…”
When was the last time you scared yourself?
um, not sure I remember....but I have done this before
2. “Time heals all wounds…”
What was the longest it took you to recover from an illness, injury or surgery?
physical illness/injury/surgery--probably the recovery period after the birth of each of my children
emotional--I think in most cases, this is an ongoing process, especially depending on the type of emotional "injury or illness"...
emotional--I think in most cases, this is an ongoing process, especially depending on the type of emotional "injury or illness"...
3. “Your first impulse is to share good news. Your second is to club someone over the head with it…”
What was the last good news you had to share?
that my husband has *hopefully* completed his throat procedures....WOOT! WOOT!; the other good news is ongoing...every day that I wake up with my family intact and healthy is good news
4. “When it comes to the past, we all stack the deck…”
Is there something in your past you speak highly of that was not so great while you were going through it?
not sure this really applies....but it's all I can think of--the days, weeks, and months following the death of my son were pretty intense, but I can now speak about it on a more positive note, ie, I can see the effects of it, I have grown in my faith, my husband and I are closer as each year passes, and while I do still question why and sometimes feel angered at the unfairness....I do believe there is a reason
5. “Do you drink? Of course! I just said I was a writer!..”
What do you need to drink to do?
while there are times that I seriously think I could use a drink....I don't drink. Anything. Ever. at least nothing with alcohol...
6. “If you liked being a teenager, then there’s something really wrong with you…”
What did you like about being a teenager?
the friendships I made...I still talk to many of my friends from high school and a few from before that even (thanks to facebook)
7. “Nobody likes a clown at midnight…”
What do you like at midnight?
I like to be asleep, snuggled up with my husband usually
8. “It is the tale, not he who told it…”
Who is your favorite teller of tales or jokes?
my husband, hands down...I tell him often he should have been a stand up comedian....
9. “The trust of the innocent is the liar’s most useful tool…”
Were you ever conned or fooled into a scam?
no...not a scam anyway. There have been attempts recently to fool me, to hide things from me...and while I may not know the whole story, I know more than I am given credit for.
10. “If fear cannot be articulated, then it can’t be conquered…”


No comments:
Post a Comment