11/7/10
1. What do you consider your hometown to be?
Waco, TX (born, but not raised...I'm an Army brat.. :)
2. What’s the hardest part of your average day?
turning work "off" at the end of the day....transitioning can be hard, especially since I am on call pretty much 24/7...makes it hard to be totally "off work"
3. The easiest? Why?
getting started...I'm not really a morning person, but I'm also not one to procrastinate...I like to get up, get going, and get things done
4. What beverage do you reach for to quench your thirst?
this answer should be water...but it is usually Dr. Pepper
5. What is one not-so-secret goal you have for your life? I’ll let you keep your secret ones to yourself.
to go to the Temple
6. What physical pain do you fear most? For example, I’m trying to decide how bad my jaw pain needs to get before I risk a potential needle from my dentist. So, for me, throbbing is preferable to jabbing.
I don't necessarily fear any pain...I have a pretty high pain tolerance; however, I absolutely cannot stand needles--and it's not the pain....it's just something about the needle going into the skin that bugs me....
7. Where do you find solace?
in the scriptures
8. What makes you the saddest when you read/see the news?
any crimes, injustices, etc against children especially or anyone vulnerable or otherwise defenseless--elderly, animals, etc
9. What do you eat for a favorite snack?
I've been liking cheese sticks lately
10. What movie could you/would you watch more than two or three times and still enjoy just as much as the first time?
Titanic
11. What boy/girl first made you cry?
oh geez..I don't even remember...too many years ago
12. What brand of coffee/tea do you drink most often?
I don't drink coffee....and I only drink herbal tea, Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime
13. Dig in the dirt with or without garden gloves?
with....can't stand anything under my nails...can't stand to feel dirty
14. James Taylor or Carly Simon?
10/31/10
1. What inspires you to blog?
it started as a way to share events and happenings in my family with extended family and friends that live afar.....and primarily is still that; so, I guess the short answer is my family...but this last summer, I discovered blog hops, and well, I have always loved stuff like this.....
2. What’s the best thing about blogging, for you?
"meeting" people, finding others with similar experiences, interests, values, etc as me, finding craft ideas, food recipes, and sharing my thoughts on just about any topic imaginable....it's awesome
3. What is your favourite book of all time?
The Twilight Saga...
4. It’s 9pm and for some reason you’ve been hungry all day, despite the three square meals. What do you rustle up?
a glass of strawberry milk probably..maybe a cheese stick
5. Who are three of your style icons?
don't have a style icon...probably wouldn't hurt to have one...but I don't
6. What’s your current favourite song/piece of music?
I have many...but one that comes to mind is "Do I" by Luke Bryan
7. What is the last book you read?
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner (a novella by Stephenie Meyer)
8. What is your current favourite recipe?
it's a chicken pot pie casserole....yum yum...and my husband even likes it, so bonus!
9. Who or what first inspired you to set up your own blog?
I forget how I found blogger...probably through a friend's blog....but the intent was as a result of a failed family newsletter; this seemed a more probable way to share pictures and milestones with family and friends--everything I share are actual events from my life and family; I don't pretend to have an exciting life...it is what it is...boring day to day stuff, but it's MY life, MY family....I share what I want
10. What object could you not live without?
there's not just one....my scriptures, my laptop, my early Christmas gift (that remains unnamed until after Christmas)
11. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
married, approaching our 30 year wedding anniversary, probably with grandchildren by then, working still, but hopefully more time for crafts
12. Who or what made you into the person you are today?
most of who I am comes through the natural process of age...but certain experiences have shaped me as well....losing my son has made me less tolerant of petty people--life is just too short; more recent events have made me less trusting, I question and doubt everything, which is really very sad...but in the end it has made me stronger, more determined, and made me realize my own inner worth and value
13. What have your learned from blogging?
that there are people out there I can learn from...be it crafts or recipes or deeper levels of understanding and coping..we are all connected; that it is a small world..I have found blogs of people I know and have found mutual friends of people that I didn't know knew each other; I have also learned that people steal posts and events and ideas and portray them as their own ....it's actually quite sad--thankfully, that has not yet happened to me....but I have heard of a blogger that does that....
14. Knowing what you know now, what knowledge would you pass on to your past self?
to not be so naive, to be aware, to not be so trusting of everyone you encounter...they are not always who or what they claim to be; to be prepared for heartache and struggles and challenges, but as long as you remember who you are and where you are going....you will endure and make it
15. Sunday roasts - lunchtime or evening meal?
lunchtime...we currently attend church from 11am - 2pm, so we eat about an hour after we get home...that is aour main meal of the day; when we switch schedules to 9am - 112pm...we will eat a light lunch then have dinner
16. What has been your best blogging-related experience so far?
just meeting people, learning from others...it's been awesome

No comments:
Post a Comment