Sunday, November 7, 2010

Rock and Roll Friday




11/5/10
Billy Joel.

1. PIANO MAN… “Sing us a song, you're the piano man, Sing us a song tonight. Well, we're all in the mood for a melody, And you've got us feelin' alright”
What is your favorite Karaoke song to sing with?
I don't sing outloud...period.  No Karaoke for me.  Correction:  I only sing aloud at church, with the congregation or as a group....but that's it.

2. CAPTAIN JACK…”Saturday night and you're still hangin' around, Tired of livin' in your one-horse town. Like to find a little hole in the ground, For a while”
If you grew up in a one-horse town, are you still there, or did you try living somewhere else?
I grew up all over....my dad was in the Army.  I attended high school, however, in a one horse town....so small, there was only a blinking yellow light (at the time).  My school was so small, not only did it encompass grades k-12 on one campus, there were only 36 people in my graduating class.  We moved the summer after I graduated, and have only gone back on occasion for the summer fair.   And now, I live in TN.


3. NEW YORK STATE OF MIND…”It comes down to reality-and it's fine with me 'cause I've let it slide, Don't care if it's Chinatown or Riverside, I don't have any reasons, I've left them all behind- I'm in a New York state of mind.”
What is your favorite New York food?
I was way too young when we were in New York....and I don't know that I have ever had any New York food. 


4. SHE’S ALWAYS A WOMAN TO ME…”But she'll bring out the best And the worst you can be, Blame it all on yourself, Cause she's always a woman to me”
Has someone else ever brought out the best or worse in you?
I like to think my family brings out the best in me...even though they have also seen me at my worst.  They make me who I am, tho.  As for someone bringing out the worst in me....sadly, there is someone.  I have turned into a very cold and distrusting person and have been accused of things that are untrue, that I misrepresent my life and my family....I admit I'm not  perfect (noone is) and I know I sometimes make poor choices (who doesn't?) ...but if I am going to be accused of something, it should be something I have actually done.  I am ever hopeful that one day ~soon~ this person will no longer be an issue. 

5. MOVIN OUT…”Workin' too hard can give you a heart attack ack ack ack ack ack, You oughta know by now. Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that what you get for your money?”
What is the most annoying line from a song lyric of all time?
there are way way too many to name here....that New York song from the spring comes to mind but don't know who sings it

6. ONLY THE GOOD DIE YOUNG…”They say there's a heaven for those who will wait. Some say it's better but I say it ain't. I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints …Sinners are much more fun...”
What would heaven be like for you? A shopping mall? A forest? Mansion? Do tell…
Heaven will be a place of love...filled with family who have gone before me, a place of constant worship and continued learning at the feet of our Heavenly Father and Jesus...a place with no pain, with no ill feelings for others, a place of warmth and health...and so so much more than anything anyone on Earth can comprehend. 

7. JUST THE WAY YOU ARE…”Don't go trying some new fashion, Don't change the color of your hair. You always have my unspoken passion, Although I might not seem to care…”
Have you ever changed something about yourself to please somebody else?
I think everyone does to a certain degree....it is a natural part of relationships.  During the course of long term relationships, changes happen.  I know during my marriage, I have changed quite a bit.  Not necessarily in an effort to please, but in an effort to be a better wife and mother and friend.  Changing yourself to please someone else is very short term and will likely not have the lasting results that are desired.....

8. STILL ROCK N ROLL TO ME…”Should I try to be a straight `A' student?
If you are then you think too much. Don't you know about the new fashion honey? All you need are looks and a whole lotta money. It's the next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways , it's still rock and roll to me…”
What besides “looks and a whole lotta money” would you require in a mate?
looks and money are not required....neither are components for a long term relationship; what is required is respect, trust and honesty first and foremost (if you lose those, the rest don't matter as much anymore and they are very hard to regain once lost), compassion, kindness, sincerity, tolerance, understanding, love, passion, and more I can't think of. 


9. YOU MAY BE RIGHT…”You may be right, I may be crazy. But it just may be a lunatic you're looking for…”
Do you like bad boys (girls) or good boys (girls)?
depends on the definition of "bad"....a little of both can be great....as long as "bad" is not illegal or immoral

10. WE DIDN’T START THE FIRE… “Wheel of Fortune, Sally Ride, heavy metal, suicide, Foreign debts, homeless vets, AIDS, crack, Bernie Goetz, Hypodermics on the shores, China's under martial law, Rock and roller cola wars, I can't take it anymore”
List 13 things for a Billy Joel verse in this aggravating song…


11. TELL HER ABOUT IT…”Tell her about it. Tell her all your crazy dreams. Let her know you need her, Let her know how much she means…”
Have you told your significant other or dearest family member recently how much
they mean to you?
my husband and I we start and end each day with a kiss and "I Love You"...and we
express our love for each other multiple times on a daily basis....


12. UPTOWN GIRL… “I’m in love with an uptown girl, She's been living in her white bread world. As long as anyone with hot blood can, And now she's looking for a downtown man. That's what I am…”
Have you dated someone above or below your “level”? (richer or poorer). Did you feel comfortable with them?
I don't classify people at "levels".....income has no bearing on love...

13. THE LONGEST TIME… “Who knows how much further we'll go on. Maybe I'll be sorry when you're gone. I'll take my chances, I forgot how nice romance is, I haven't been there for the longest time”
What is the longest you have gone without a love relationship?
I couldn't begin to tell you....I have been in love for 19 years and counting, which is
longer than I was ever out of love....

10/29/10
MARILYN MANSON :


1. SCHOOL’S OUT : “School’s out for summer. School’s out forever…”
What was your best summer vacation memory as a child?
my dad was in the army, so his transfers didn't always occur in the summer.....but the vacations I enjoyed the most as a child were the "leave" in between his duty stations....we would go home (aka Waco, TX) to visit family we hadn't seen for 4 or more years.  It was awesome...it was always like a huge family reunion that lasted for days, especially on my mom's side of the family (she is the oldest of 5 children)


2. BILLION DOLLAR BABIES : “Billion dollar baby, I got you in a dimestore
No other little girl could ever Hold you any tighter, any tighter than me baby”
What was the last thing you remember buying in a dimestore?
I'm not sure I remember ever going to a dimestore....dollar stores are the lowest denomination I have been too...inflation, I suppose....lol

3. WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE : “Welcome to my breakdown,
I hope I didn't scare you. That's just the way we are, When you come down!
We sweat laugh and scream here, Cause laugh is just a dream here…”
Can you tell us about a nightmare you have had recently?
nope, afraid not; it was almost too close to a reality not too terribly long ago...so it shall remain one of those unmentionable topics....I can however, tell you about one that I had on more than one occasion....at the time, there was a chance it could become a reality, but did not....
my youngest son (Kraig) is a surviving twin....his twin (Kyle) died at birth, and
Kraig spent the first 11 weeks of his life in the NICU...it was a very stressful, scary time.  On the days that we were unable to go visit him (due to admissions in the NICU, the weather on one occasion, a fever I ran on another, etc)....I would dream that there were two headstones at the cemetary.  I usually woke crying....thankfully my husband was (and still is) a fairly light sleeper so he would wake up....and we would call the NICU to check on Kraig....and of course he was fine everytime (well, "fine" considering he was in the NICU)....


4. ELECTED : “We're gonna win this one, take the country by storm
We're gonna be elected, You and me together, young and strong”
Democrats, Republicans or Tea Party? Who will sweep the elections?
my original answer for this question was I don't know...but I didn't get it answered before the elections...and I suppose by now everyone knows how the elections went....

5. NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY : “My dog bit me on the leg today
My cat clawed my eye, Mom's been thrown out of the social circles, And dad has to hide…”
Have you ever done something that embarrassed your family?
I do plenty to embarass myself, and I embarrass my children on a regular basis I am sure....but other than that...no.  I am much too reserved for anything like that.

6. SICK THINGS : “Sick things, in cars, rotate round. My stars. Sick things. Pretty things…”
Have you ever been motion sick? Was it in a car, on a plane, or on a boat?
nah...I don't get motion sickness....the only time I lost my supper in the car was on the way home two nights before my sons were delivered...and that had nothing to do with the ride

7. I LOVE THE DEAD : “I love the dead before they’re cold, their blueing flesh for me to hold. Cadaver eyes upon me see nothing. I love the dead before they rise, No farewells, no goodbyes…”
What celebrity death really bothered you?
probably Princess Diana....just because I kind of grew up watching her seemingly fairy tale life...her wedding, her children....she was beautiful, prim, proper, a lady through and through...and her death was so tragic and such a shock and so very unneccessary....I remember getting up that Sunday morning and staring dumbfounded at the news reports...and listening to it as I got ready for church (that's the only reason I even remember it was a Sunday)

8. SCIENCE FICTION : “Forever I’ll enjoy your under-achievement, I gonna see you every day now if I can, Why then don't the night show really matters, I still wake on the fields of regret”
What is your favorite science fiction movie?
Star Wars....I Robot...Wild Wild West...Smith Family Robinson (the more modern version in the space ship, not the island one)

9. WHITE KNUCKLES : Fistfuls of you… You pulled me through with white knuckles…
Fistfuls of you”
Has someone ever grabbed you to save you from a dangerous situation?
literally....I don't think so.  metaphorically....frequently--my husband keeps me afloat, keeps me sane, keeps me from succombing to my natural tendencies of despondency and insecurity.  He is my rock.  He recently shared with me other ways he has protected me...things I didn't even know about at the time they occurred.  He keeps and makes me feel safe. 

10. THIS IS HALLOWEEN : “I am the clown with the tear-away face
Here in a flash and gone without a trace. I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
I am the wind blowing through your hair. I am the shadow on the moon at night
Filling your dreams to the brim with fright”
What is the oddest thing you ever did on Halloween?
can't think of anything odd I've ever done....I worked at a nursing home once on Halloween night...and the residents had a "Sock Hop"....but that's about as odd as I can think of

11. THE WOW : “I’m worse than what you think you’d catch from me. Complicated’s understated. Did you stop and take a look at who you fell in love with?”
Have you ever been through a divorce?
I can proudly and happily say that I have not...my husband and I have been married for 19 years,
20 years next June....with plans to just keep right on counting

12. THE FOOD PYRAMID : “Everybody! My body is a pyramid that's made of healthy food so do what we say (yeah) eat right every day (food) I love you.”
What does your food pyramid look like?
better than it used...but it's still a bit unbalanced....it's a work in progress

13. THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE : “Hey you, what do you see?
Something beautiful, something free? Hey you, why you trying to be mean?
You live with apes man, it's hard to be clean”
What makes a person beautiful?
beauty comes from the inside out...so one's personality traits determines how beautiful a person they are;  respect, charity, trust, friendliness, honesty, dependability, compassion, loyalty, kindness, spirituality, patience, sincerity, tolerance, understanding, love, passion, and many more I can't think of at the moment

No comments: