Choose a prompt, post it on your blog, and got to Mama Kat's and add your name to the link list.
The Prompts:
It's Thanksgiving time and the show will go on!
1.) Interview your kids...what do they think Thanksgiving is for? What are they thankful for? etc.
2.) Share a photo of what Thanksgiving looks like in your neck of the woods.
3.) Write a poem about the things you are thankful for.
4.) Describe a memorable Thanksgiving.
5.) Forget Thanksgiving, write about that time you fell down.
I could interview my children....but my daughter would say her family. My oldest son would not really participate. And my youngest would likely say his grandma. I didn't take any photos....just a table full of food. And not really feeling poetic today...although I do write poems...but I have to be in the mood to write. A memorable Thanksgiving....the one I remember the most as a child (teenager) was the year we went to spend Thanksgiving with friends in San Antonio. It was pretty cool. After dinner, we went walking around San Antonio...don't remember much else. But it was a Thanksgiving not spent at home, so it was different....aka memorable. However, I had to laugh at prompt #5.…so that is the one I am choosing to focus on.
This past Saturday, my husband and son went to the basketball game. They are usually hungry when they get home…so I was fixing an egg sandwich for my husband. The egg was in the pan on the stove, and I turned to toss the egg shells in the trash, which is on the opposite wall of the stove.
As I lifted my left foot, I barely saw my cat’s tail out of the corner of my eye, so I tried to step wider to miss her. As she often does, she tried to move as well, and ended up under my foot still. As I attempted to keep from crushing her….I lost my balance and fell.
Flat.
On.
My.
Stomach.
It happened so fast I didn’t have a chance to try to catch myself. I let an expletive go as I went down…and then knocked the wind out of my lungs.
My husband heard me, and was calling my name…but I couldn’t answer. He thought I was in the bathroom, because he couldn’t see me on the kitchen floor.
As he came into the kitchen, I was getting up.
I landed on my left elbow and right knee…the same knee that has given my fits since I was a freshman in high school. The same knee diagnosed with arthritis when I was 23. My elbow…well, this will probably facilitate new aches in coming years.
Go ahead….laugh.
My husband did.
He told me he went to an NBA game and didn’t see any dives for the ball like what I gave up for his sandwich.
I told him...
I give all.


1 comment:
Guys....they are always so sympathetic! At least they make us laugh!
Post a Comment