Monday, September 27, 2010

Rock and Roll Friday





 Bob Dylan.
Here's Rock 'n Roll Fridays!

1. TIMES THEY ARE A CHANGIN’ “And there’s no tellin’ who that it’s namin’ for the loser now will be later to win, For the times they are a changin’”
What would you do or play at a Casino?
I don't go often (in fact the last time we went was in May)..but when I do go...I play the penny or nickel slots.  My husband has played the quarter and sometimes the dollar slots, but we typically stick to the smaller amounts.


2. ON DESOLATION ROW “To her, death is quite romantic, She wears an iron vest. Her profession’s her religion, her sin is her lifelessness”
What was the worst job you ever had?
depends on how you define "worst"....I hated my job at Chick Fil A....but I made good money


3. DON’T THINK TWICE IT’S ALLRIGHT “I ain’t sayin you treated me unkind, you could have done better but I don’t mind. You just kinda wasted my precious time. Don’t think twice it’s all right”
How do you waste your time besides memes?
play bejeweled on facebook, play free cell on my computer....I'd say crochet, scrapbook, work on other projects, but I don't see those as time wasters...they are life and memory enriching 


4. IT AIN’T ME BABE “You say you’re lookin for someone, never weak but always strong. To protect you an’ defend you whether you are right or wrong. Someone to open each and every door, It ain’t me babe”
What traits make up the ideal mate for you?
compassion, understanding, patience, kindness, love, humor, sense of adventure,
(and I have all of this and more in my "mate"...aka my husband of 19 years  :)

5. JUST LIKE A WOMAN “She takes just like a woman, yes she does, she makes love just like a woman, yes she does, and she aches just like a woman, but she breaks just like a little girl”
What woman would make a great president?
I don't know that such a woman exists...but then I don't know that we have yet had a "great" male president either; there have been some that are better than others...but to describe them as great might be a stretch


6. KNOCKIN ON HEAVEN’S DOOR “Mama put my guns in the ground I can’t shoot them anymore, that long black cloud is comin’ down, I feel like I’m knockin’ on Heaven’s door”
Have you ever fired a rifle, handgun or other firearm?
I have....my dad taught me to fire a shotgun when I was young, and my husband was an armed security guard for a while.....so he had a handgun.  I learned to shoot it. 


7. LIKE A ROLLING STONE “You used to laugh about everybody that was hangin’ out, Now you don’t seem so proud, about havin’ to scrounge for your next meal”
Have you ever been on Welfare (the Dole), or collected Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
I collected unemployment for a short time when the nursing home I worked for closed in 2003; I have received WIC with each of my children, and received food stamps for brief periods but that was years and years ago. 


8. MAGGIE’S FARM “Everybody says she’s the brains behind Pa, She’s 68 but says she’s 24”
When was the last time you lied about your age?
I haven't ever lied about my age


9. MR TAMBORINE MAN “Hey Mr Tamborine Man, play a song for me, I’m not sleepy and there is no place I’m goin’ to. “
Have you ever played a musical instrument?
no.....I would like to play the piano or organ....


10. ONE MORE CUP OF COFFEE “One more cup of coffee for the road. One more cup of coffee ‘for I go…to the valley below”
What brand of coffee do you drink and how do you take it?
I don't drink coffee...I love to smell it brewing, but I don't drink it.  I can, however, do some damage with some hot chocolate!


11. ONE TOO MANY MORNINGS “Down the street the dogs are barkin’, and the day is getting’ dark. As the night comes in a fallin, The dogs ‘ll lose their bark”
When was the last time a dog barked near you?
daily...moments ago.  Our yellow lab, Zeus, stays outside the majority of the time...and he barks at EVERYTHING!


12. SUBTERRANEAN HOMESICK BLUES “Look out kid, don’t matter what you did. Walk on your tip toes, don’t try NO DOZ, better stay away from those”
When you have to stay awake what do you do when you are very sleepy?
I have taken vivarin or equivalent....but not so much anymore.  Guess my body has gotten used to being sleep deprived!


13. TANGLED UP IN BLUE “I was layin in bed wondrin if she’d changed at all. If her hair was still red…”
What color(s) has your hair been?
when I was young, it was tow head blonde.....as I got older, it got darker; now as I get older, it gets lighter... aka gray....but I color it  :)...usually blonde, but I have done red as well..it just doesn't last as long or blend as well.  In fact, I just colored my hair over the weekend...it has a hint of strawberry blond, which I don't really like, but I have gotten lots of compliments the last couple of days...so I guess it looks good.

No comments: