Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Queen's Meme



Norman Vincent Peale said, "Change your thoughts and you change your world." It was interesting to see how many meanings I could find for the word "change".....some are serious, some are silly. Have fun!


1. Name one thing you'd like to change about yourself.

my weight...it is a constant challenge, a never ending battle. 

2. If you could wave a magic wand and be done with all the small petty nuisances in your life, what you would have "be gone" first?

bills....it should not cost so much just to live....everything we have available to us in the world was and is provided to us.....why do we have to pay to use it?????

3. Do you collect and save your spare change in a jar?
no.  I don't really collect or save it either...it all spends the same eventually...it just has to add up.  My son on the other hand LOVES to collect coins....last year at Home Depot's Kids' Workshop, he made a bank of sorts.  It has sections to "save", to "spend", and to "share".  He puts any money he is given or that he finds (even if it is "found" in my wallet) in his bank. 

4. Change your world. What is our biggest concern as a global humanity?

peace...or the lack of it, which really stems from intolerance.  Differences are not accepted....conformity is expected. 

5. What would you have changed about your last relationship or the one you're in now?
my last relationship ended 19+ years ago....I was a different person then, and in growing up, I changed.  My relationship now....I have been married 19 years...change happens as we go and grow from year to year.



6. If you could reverse the course of history in a time machine, what would you do and how do you think the world would be different today?

Hitler?  Stalin?  I don't know.....
I believe everything happens for a reason.....even the bad things...so to change the course of history would be contradictory to the Lord's plan. 

7. Who would you like to change into a toad?
hahaha....I so wish I could answer this....but I will refrain

8. What is the first thing you change into when you get home from work?
I do two things when I get home from work...take off my shoes and go to the restroom (not necessarily in that order, either!)  I usually change into shorts.  If I have to go somewhere or outside for any reason, I wear flip flops....even in the winter.

9. If you could change places with anyone in the world for one day, who would that be?

I have no idea.....maybe someone who is organized AND creative...and actually gets things done!

10. Have you ever heard the expression "turn over a new leaf?" What is under your old one?

heard it...yes.  Under my old one is a different me....not sure how to describe it, but different.  I've changed alot in the last year...hopefully for the better.  I've learned some hard lessons...and am still learning and growing.

11. Name one thing that can cause you to immediately change your mood.
my children.....especially my youngest.  He brings such joy to our home, and has such an infectious laugh.  He thinks he's all that, so we get quite tickled (and sometimes irritated) by his demanding, grown up bossy personality.  Did I mention he is only 5?

12. What have you recently (or ever) had a change of heart about? And why?

not an open subject, sorry

13. When is the last time you changed the oil in your car?
I don't know...I do know my husband says it's almost due...we just got the car in July...so it probably is due now.

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

We have the same answer for #4. We all could use more peace.

::mingle::