Day 09 → Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.Other than friends from high school and friends made over the course of the years that I have lost touch with through moving etc (many of whom I have reconnected with on FB...YAY)....I would have to say my nephews. For reasons I am not going to share, we lost touch with them. Our family used to be really close....I miss that. I miss seeing them grow up, I miss my children getting together with their cousins....we went to visit a few years ago...they hardly knew us anymore.
Day 11- A photo of me recentlytook this one today

These are squares I am making to put together to make an afghan for my husband. 76 burnt orange (Pumpkin Spice is the actual color on the package)...and then 100+ of white to make still. It will be the University of Texas "UT" symbol when put together. I forget what this pattern is called...but the white will be a traditional "granny square", which I hope will work up a bit faster than these have. At the time I took these pictures a couple of days ago...I had just 13 more to go.



I am not sure why I join this link up, other than one day I may actually be able to pour my heart out about some things that eat away at it. But today is not the day. I will tell you that today was a hard day. It was my youngest son's first day of kindergarten. When I was pregnant, I calculated what phase we would be in when this day came. My middle son would be a freshman (he started school Monday), and the boyS we were pregnant with would be starting kindergarten. Now, if you were paying attention, you will note that I said my youngest child (single) started school today, but that we were pregnant with boys (plural). My youngest son is a surviving twin. His identical twin brother is the victim of twin to twin transfusion syndrome, and was crushed just prior to delivery when my water broke. In a flash, all of our dreams and plans and anticipations...gone. The future of raising twins...gone. It's days like today that make all of that pain come to the surface.
This week is all about your first car."I" didn't have a first car....I didn't get a car as a teen. I didn't get a car period until after my husband and I were married. I didn't even get my license until I was 23. Our first car was a white Dodge Omni...it was stick shift, so I couldn't have driven it if I wanted to. We have had several cars during our marriage...a Ford Thunderbird, a Buick something or other, a Chevy Cavalier convertible, a Buick LeSabre, Chevy minivan, a Buick Regal, and currently a Mercury Sable. My favorite car was the convertible...lots of fun to drive. I like our Sable now too..but mostly because it has a good radio, good AC (have you seen the temps lately in TN?), it drives well, and it has a sunroof (not that we've been using it much...I mentioned it's hot, right?).

3 comments:
thanks for stopping by my blog. i hope to read more of yours and of course i don't mind the stalking - i'm a stalker myself! lol. i also love crocheting and scrapbooking! i just love the internet.
I'm sorry for your loss. *Prayers*
Hello! Looking forward to reading more of your posts!:)
You have a very lovely family!:)..and of course you have Baby Kyle,your Angel up in Heaven looking out for all of you! :)
Following you from Moms Rev 4 You!:)
Would ♥ to hear from you...
http://chicsassymom.blogspot.com
Post a Comment