Friday, August 13, 2010

Thursday Blog Hops

http://singedwingangel.blogspot.com/p/30-days-of-truth.html
Day 10 → Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.
There is one person I could say I wish I hadn't met, but then my life would be very very different now...There is one other person I can honestly say I wish I hadn't met. This past several months would not have been  as stressful or as hard as they have been...but then I think without the experiences these two people have caused...I wouldn't have the relationships I now have with my children and with my husband.  Everything that happens and every person that enters your life is there for a reason, even if it appears to be a negative impace at first, something good can be made from every experience, every encounter.  I am closer to my children now than before; my husband and I are closer and have a stronger bond and getting stronger each day that passes.  Do I wish I hadn't met these two....maybe.  But I may not have learned what I needed to without having met them.  NOTE TO THE POWERS THAT BE:  Lesson learned...they can be on their merry way now.







Day 12-Something you are OCD about....

Oh wow...just one thing?  I am a neat freak, a germaphobe, and office supply fanatic! I can't stand clutter....everything has a place and should be there.  Not everything gets there every day...but eventually I get to where I can't stand it anymore  and I go on a streak of cleaning and organizing and putting away.  I call it "I can't take it anymore" moments....my husband just laughs at me and shakes his head.  I just had one of the moments....and now my table/desk is a bit more uncluttered than it was before. I also can't stand feeling unclean or pondering who has touched what.  I clean the top of soda cans before I pop them, I prefer not to use public restrooms, but when necessary, I cover the seat; I 'rinse' my feet before going to bed and wash my hands alot..I can't stand  to feel dirty.  Office supplies....who needs an explanation for that?  Pens, notepads, sticky notes...I love it all!!!!  Back to school is my favorite time of year....and the pens all have to be writing end down in the container..  :-)







There are so many things I could list here, so many things to be thankful for.  I am thankful for my family..my wonderful husband who loves me always, even through my less than loveable moments.  For my children, who have been incredible blessings to me.  I am thankful for great friends...each has a special place in my heart.  I appreciate all they do to help me with whatever I need at the time.  I am incredibly thankful for my employment..not just that I am employed but that I truly love what I do.  My job can be stressful and full of various challenges throughout the day...but at the end of the day, I don't ever regret my career choice.  I am always eternally thankful for my faith and for the freedom to worship as I choose.


Mama's Losin' It     
The Prompts:


1.) Lou Holtz (don’t ask me who that is) once said, “life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.” Do you believe this? Describe a time when you feel like you could have responded a different way and produced a different outcome.

2.) I miss the friend you used to be.

3.) The most unbelievable blue eyes you’ve ever seen…

4.) The craziest reason I ever got in trouble as a child.

5.) What would you ask forgiveness for?

Wow...which do I pick?  They are all thought provoking and I could probably answer each one.  As for responding differently to produce a different...who knows?  I mean, I am sure there are circumstances in which I could have responded differently, but there is really no way to know if it would have resulted in a different outcome.  The craziest reason I ever got in trouble as  a child....I'm sure I did some crazy things, but I don't really remember what I might have gotten in trouble for.  The friends I miss are the ones I have either lost touch with or don't get to see that often...but they are the quality of friend they have always been.  So...if you've been keeping up, that leaves the most incredible blue eyes I have ever seen.  Eyes are one of the first things I notice about a person.  I love eyes..they are a window to the soul.  I often ask my husband to remove his sunglasses when speaking to me because I can't see his eyes.  The most incredible blue eyes are of course my husband's.  I get lost in them.  And they are very expressive.  He tries sometimes to conceal his emotions....but not very successfully.  We have been married  19 years...even if he could keep his emotions from his eyes....I can read him very very well.  Better than he would like probably, better than he gives me credit for too.
Jenny Matlock
THE COLOR YELLOW

My son's favorite color!
The rose petals we sprinkle at the cemetary at my son's gravesite on his birthday every year.  The Astromeria lillies...selected by my son...were for Easter this past year.



I don't even know where to start.  It was the first week of school...and as suspected, I am already meeting resistance from my older son's school.  THANK YOU VERY MUCH for not acknowledging that I might just know my son better than you.
My younger son seems to be in a good class this year...and has two classmates from last year (as I requested).  Today, at the parent meeting, the principal announced that they have so many kindergarteners this year that they are getting a teacher from another school for another class...which means that some kiddos will be moved.  I inquired as to if Kraig was one of them..and was reassured that he was not.  THANK YOU VERY MUCH for making me worry about his adjustment more than I already.  (In all honesty, even though I was concerned, the administration at his school are absolutely wonderful...they know Kraig and the challenges we face and work very very hard to do what he needs to help him succeed.)
As I get older, my body hurts more and more frequently with little relief.  THANK YOU VERY MUCH to inadequate medications.

http://thursdaythunks.blogspot.com/
1. What radio personality bothers you the most?
hmmmm...don't think there is one that bothers me enough to say they bother me.  I mean, there is one on the kix 106 morning show that sometimes gets on my nerves...but I still listen, and sometimes he isn't quite so obnoxious. 

2. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive?
I think so.  As long as I had a food source (bugs excluded, thank you very much)...yeah.  I can start and cook over a fire, I once knew how to treat water to make it potable...can't say I'd remember now.  But then if it happened, I'd be praying. ALOT.  So I feel confident the Lord would either bless with what I needed, the knowledge to get what I needed, or he would not make me suffer needlessly.

3. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew he/she was married, And neither her S/O or yours would never know, might you to the deed?
H - E - DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS NO!!!!  Not even a question...I wish I could say the same for others I know, but I would most definitely not.  My marriage and my family mean way to much to me for that.

4. Do you like to pursue or be pursued?
I'm not  a good pursue-r...and it's nice to be pursued.  Pursuit isn't really my game anymore since I'm married...or maybe it's just different kinds of pursuit now...  ;-)

5. Use three words to describe yourself.
Tired, busy, determined

6. If Berleen was on a camping trip, do you thing she’d attract grizzlies?
not a clue...since I am apparently out of whatever loop "Berleen" is in....????

7. Do you think more about the past, present or future?
the future...what I have to do, what I want to do, what I need to do...preparing for things to come

8. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing, other than family or pets, that you grabbed?
my camera, laptop, scriptures, purse and bag (it's all pretty much in the same location)  I know that's not just one thing....but those 5 things hold everything I would need (or will at some point once I finish scanning all of my scrapbook layouts to jump drives, which I keep in my purse)

9. Was your mom a cheerleader?
ummmm.....no

10. Was your dad a jock?
not sure....I know he played sports...but not sure he'd have been considered a jock, by today's standards or his....sorry Dad.

11. Bud’s been gone a while. Do you think he will return or shut down that Googled Warned blog?
see answer to number 6...applies here as well

12. What’s your favorite junk food?
hmmmm.....chocolate.  3 musketeers to be exact, but pretty much any chocolate









Photobucket>






Obviously MARvelous

No comments: