For every day travel...my air conditioned, radio blaring CAR. No real requirements other than it needs to get me where I need to be and have air conditioning and a radio. For a short time, the van we were driving did not have a/c...but a blessing in disguise is that that van died.....and we now have a car that has GREAT air conditioner.
For vacation or pleasure travel....this would be nice...
I have traveled by underground train before....not a subway, however. When I was a child, I traveled with my girl scout troop from West Berlin (when it was still West Berlin), to another part of Europe. Much of the trek was made in underground trains....we even slept in them. I remember being in the top bunk, and looking out the window to the people in the hallway (it was my leaders, thankfully!).
Of course, one day I would like to use this mode of transportation to get somewhere...
About the only thing I like about traveling by plane is the decreased travel time and the views from the sky.
This was taken in March from the plane either from Memphis to SLC or SLC to Portland...don't remember.
I love that patchwork look....how does that happen...it's not like it looks like that when you're on the ground.
~Friday Five~
Things I Miss About Being A Child
1. Playing on the playground--I remember spending ALOT of time on the playground as a child...swinging on the swings, sliding down the slide, playing on the monkey bars. I wasn't much into the sand box much. We used to also play on the picnic tables...we would pretend it was a ship and we were sailing on the sea.
2. Walking to school--I didn't ride a bus to school until I was in the 7th grade. We always lived close enough to walk. It was actually not so bad, except for the brief period of time in Germany when I was often followed home by a bully or the brief time in Maryland when I was chased by a dog (it wasn't only me..the dog chased everyone). But it was OK most of the time. It was good exercise (not that I needed it then) and great chat time with my friends. In today's busy go go go world...walking would be a nice change of pace. Not necessarily a healthy one in this heat, however.
3. Birthday Parties--I don't necessarily miss the party aspect, but the gathering of friends to enjoy cake and ice cream and games is always fun. Gifts are a bonus.
4. Visiting Family--my dad was in the army, so we traveled quite a bit. The time in between transfers was always special because it meant we got to go visit grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins. The gatherings were often busy, loud, and always had too much food.
5. Not worrying about money--as a kid you don't know or even realize what you don't know about what things cost. We always had a roof over our head, food on our table, clothes to wear..and never wondered how it got there. Those days would be nice. I'd like to have my house, food, clothes, etc and not worry about how it is going to be paid for.
What is one huge phobia that you have?
Not sure it would be a phobia...bridges over water. I am not afraid of water; I am not afraid of heights. But there is something about bridges over water that just seriously freaks. me. out. Now there are lots of things I don't like....spiders, snakes, slugs...but I am not afraid of them...I'd as soon throw them in the water off that bridge!



5 comments:
I am blog hopping today and I am your newest follower! I hope you can come visit at www.hootiebee.blogspot.com
Stopping by for Friday Fives!! Those worry-free money days were nice!
Love all your answers! I miss the old school birthday parties too, good answer! There was nothing better than a skating party!! So Fun!!
Thanks for doing my Friday Fives!
Have a great weekend!
Hi there....new follower from the Friday Blog Hops. I love your blog...such a cute background and layout.
Hoping you'll drop by for a visit when you get a moment. I love new followers and friends.
Thanks
Marie
The Things We Find Inside
Your blog is SUPER cute! I'm going to follow you! I'd be so happy if you'd follow me back! Thanks again, Nicole Mariana
http://basciallyformyself.blogspot.com
Post a Comment