Saturday, August 21, 2010

100 Things....

*All the things that are in BOLD and GREEN are what I have done*


1. Started your own blog--a few....3 that are actually up and running (2 changed names, 1 is new this month)

2. Slept under the stars--I have...my husband and I accompanied my sil (his younger sister) to purchase tickets to a concert...the line started forming the afternoon before they went on sale...so we slept outside in a line that wrapped around a building for tickets to Guns N Roses in 1991

3. Playing in a Band

4. Visited Hawaii

5. Watched a meteor shower

6. Given more than you can afford to charity

7. Been to Disneyland --yep, in the 8th grade we drove to California for a family reunion, and visited Disneyland while there
8. Climbed a mountain

9. Held a praying mantis

10. Sang a solo

11. Bungee jumped

12. Visited Paris

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch

15. Adopted a child

16. Had food poisoning

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty

18. Grown your own vegetables -- successfully...no.  but I have tried, and wish to do so again

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France

20. Slept on an overnight train --yes; when I was very young, my girl scout traveled from West Berlin to some other place I don't remember...and traveled via underground train.  I remember sleeping in the top bunk and looking out the window at the people in the hall...

21. Had a pillow fight

22. Hitch hiked

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill --I have, but not in many years...that was prior to moving to Memphis
24. Built a snow fort

25. Held a lamb

26. Gone skinny dipping

27. Run a Marathon

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice

29. Seen a total eclipse

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset --yep, both

31. Hit a home run

32. Been on a cruise

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors

35. Seen an Amish community --yes, as I recall.  When we lived in Maryland, we traveled into Pennsylvania for something..and passed a couple of Amish communities along the way. 

36. Taught yourself a new language --in full...no... but I am slowly learning American Sign Language

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person

39. Gone rock climbing

40. Seen Michelangelos David

41. Sung karaoke

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt

43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant

44. Visited Africa

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight --this I have done....in both Galveston and Corpus Christi

46. Been transported in an ambulance --um, yes.  both as a parent of a patient (my son), and as a patient when I was pregnant and transferred to a different hospital with a higher level NICU "just in case"

47. Had your portrait painted

48. Gone deep sea fishing

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling

52. Kissed in the rain -- yep...I kiss my hubby anywhere  :-)

53. Played in the mud

54. Gone to a drive-in theater --yes...one still exists even...

55. Been in a movie

56. Visited the Great Wall of China -- not yet, but that answer should change soon

57. Started a business --I make custom scrapbooks and related items for others, I crochet items for others, and I also type/transcribe documents

58. Taken a martial arts class

59. Visited Russia

60. Served at a soup kitchen

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies -- when I was a girl scout..  :-)

62. Gone whale watching

63. Got flowers for no reason

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma -- I donate as often as they let me

65. Gone sky diving

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp

67. Bounced a check --it happens to the best of us

68. Flown in a helicopter

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy--I have a few  saved; one my mom actually saved as it was the last gift received from my grandfather before he passed away

70. Visited Lincoln Memorial --yep, and the others as well

71. Eaten Caviar

72. Pieced a quilt --i have made a tie quilt

73. Stood in Times Square

74. Toured the Everglades

75. Been fired from a job

76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London

77. Broken a bone --on separate occasions...my big toe and the toe next to it; my big toe I broke falling down a couple of stairs; my next toe I broke kicking a rock in Barton Springs in Austin

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person --yep...also happened on the trip to California for the family reunion...

80. Published a book

81. Visited the Vatican

82. Bought a brand new car

83. Walked in Jerusalem

84. Had your picture in the newspaper --yes....the week of Valentine's Day, we were getting gas to go out of town, a newspaper reporter asked what our plans were and published my answers ~with photo~ in that week's "on the town" section (or whatever it was called)

85. Read the entire Bible

86. Visited the White House --not the inside, but I have seen it in person from the outside

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating --I have eaten food that has been killed and prepared for eating...deer meat chili is amazingly good!
88. Had chickenpox--twice in fact

89. Saved someone’s life--my children...toddlers learning to eat tend to choke easily; and my youngest  was born premature...there were many times his foot was thumped to get his heart and breathing rates back up

90. Sat on a jury

91. Met someone famous--had my picture taken with Shane Battier (a former Memphis Grizzly basketball player)

92. Joined a book club--church sponsored, but yes

93. Lost a loved one--yes, many family members, a few friends...but none closer to me than my son who died in 2004

94. Had a baby -- 4 of them in fact

95. Seen the Alamo in person -- more than once...I love San Antonio!

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake

97. Been involved in a law suit

98. Owned a cell phone --of course!
99. Been stung by a bee -- yes, but I now try to avoid it at all costs....bee allergies can be lethal!

100. Read an entire book in one day

No comments: