Sunday, July 25, 2010

5 Question Friday (aka 5QF)










1. What were your school colors?

maroon and white (often silver and/or gray was used as well); ironically, my husband's school colors were also maroon and white and we did not even live near or know each other until after high school.  Even more quirky is that our daughter's school colors were (and now our sons are ) maroon and white as well.  We live in a different state even. 







2. What's the best compliment you ever received?

There are 3 that I can think of. 

--One was from a client viewing my scrapbook portfolio ( I have a fledgling scrapbooking for others business).  As she was looking, she said "You are some kind of talented."  I like to think I am good at what I do, but it's always nice to hear non-family think so too.

--Another I have heard from various persons over the course of the years in relation to my outlook and attitude regarding the challenges of my life.  "I don't know how you do it."  Sometimes, I am not sure it is always intended as a compliment but more as exasperation that I shouldn't do whatever it is...but that is simply not a choice I take. 

--And in a professional context, one my boss says often is "I will kill you if you leave."  It IS meant as a compliment, as I know he values my contributions to our dept.



3. Do you buy cheap or expensive toilet paper?

cheap!!!  it just goes down with the water anyway.....







4. Have you ever had a surprise party thrown for you? Or have you had one for someone else?

Yes, to both.  My mom, my sister, and one or two of my leaders from church were co-conspirators to throw me a surprise baby shower for my first pregnancy (my daughter).  It was pretty cool...they had invited some of my former teachers from school, former youth leaders from church, and family too. 

A few years ago, I helped to be the "distractor" if you will for my boss' surprise bday party.  We asked someone from another dept to schedule a meeting for both he and I to attend.  We of course walked to the "meeting" together...and it was our dept waiting for him.  The whole way, he kept saying "who schedules a meeting at lunch.  Who holds a meeting at 12 noon?  Who has a lunch meeting with no food?"  It was pretty awesome.  Of course, he was very quick to deflect the attentions from himself, as I had found out that day that I was pregnant with twins (a story for another time, if you don't already know the story).





5. What is one material possession that you "can't live without"?

just one?!?!?!  geez.....um....it's a tie really....my camera and my laptop.  I am all about the pictures...and my laptop is practically an appendage...my life is on and with it.

No comments: