Saturday, May 28, 2011

saturday nine



 Looking for a Love



1. When you were single, or if you are single, what's the best way to look for love?
not a clue....I'll be figuring that out soon enough...or not; at this point, i figure if it happens again, it happens; if it doesn't, I will have the eternities to find my eternal companion


2. Have you ever cruised online personals, even if you're married for fun? What was the reason, or if you haven't, why not?
i've perused a couple of LDS singles sites...but only in the last 3-4 months...filed for divorce in Feb...so not yet single, but only married in the legal sense of the word; only looked to see what the sites are like..absolutely NOT ready for any committed relationship



3. Have you ever put up an online personal? If so, how was your experience?
only on the two sites I visited...not encouraging yet; but I haven't done much more than join (see last statement of question number 2)


4. Have you ever answered an online personal? If so, how did it turn out?
no



5. Have you ever had a good experience with online dating? If not, have you had a friend/family member have a good experience? Tell us about it!
I haven't had any experience at all...good or bad.  I know a few friends who have met and married via online dating sites....they're still together, so obviously it's worked out  :)


6. Have you ever had a horrible experience with online dating? If not, someone else?
not that I can think of



7. Back in 2004, a friend threw her husband out because she found out that he was having cyber affairs/sex with 2 women in states FAR away from them. Do you think that cybersex is actually cheating?
YES...



8. Do you have any suggestions for someone as to how to stay safe using a dating service?
don't share too much too soon, be aware that people are not always who or what they present themselves as, don't become too emotionally invested too soon...be very aware of the scams that exist


9. I've heard someone say, “There's Match.com and then there's everyone else." Is this true in your experience or someone you know?
no idea




 

1 comment:

Mamarazzi said...

My husband and i met on LDSmingle, great site.