Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Saturday 9


Let's Roll



1. Where were you when you found out the bin Laden was killed? How did you find out?
at home...I had noticed on fb, one of the radio dj's has posted "Obama:  Bin Laden" as his status...that was it.  Many had commented asking what he meant, but he had not answered.  I ignored it...figured whatever it was would come out at some point.  My dad left to go to work, and called a few minutes after leaving.  Usually when he does that it's because he forgot to set a program to record on his tv....but this time he told my mom Obama was going to address the nation, that Bin Laden had been killed.  At that point, I turned on the TV to watch Geraldo reporting the event.  It was still another hour and a half before Obama spoke...


2. One of your best friends turns out to be saying hurtful and untrue things behind your back. What would you do?
i don't do confrontations well, but I would probably ask...and then I imagine the "best" part of the friendship would be alleviated...


3. You instantly become a star. What is it that made you one?
no desire to be a star, so no idea.


4. If you could be ANY sex symbol (living or dead) who would it be and why?
I don't want to be a sex symbol...


5. Where is your favorite place to eat out?
for fast food...Chick Fil A
for sit down dining...pretty much any mexican restaurant or steakhouse


6. Are there any current (that began before 2010) television shows out there that you've watched regularly from the very beginning?
I don't know...probably a few.  No titles come to mind though


7. When is it time to just let it ('it' can be whatever you choose) go? How do you know? What do you do?
when it's time, you know.  It just happens...hanging on can be self destructive, and as long as you can recognize if it's becoming destructive, then you'll know it's time.  Prayer also helps, not just in knowing when it's time to let go, but in assisting with the letting go.  Put distance between yourself and whatever "it" is...


8. Pimentos-- in Olives? Useless decorative effect? ...or something you maybe enjoy? ...and is there something you can only stare at and wonder about at the snack bar?
i don't like pimentos or olives...so useless on all counts.  I wonder about olive bars in general...wth?


9. Why do you think we as a civilization can't seem to get along with one another?
because unfortunately people tend to be intolerant of others who have different beliefs, practices, cultural ideals than they do


1 comment:

Harriet said...

Geraldo is still reporting? Wow!


Have a great weekend!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/05/where-is-your-favorite-place-to-eat-out/