Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop



The Prompts:


1.) Write about a time you got in BIG trouble as a kid.

2.) Not your mother’s daughter…how do you parent differently than your mother did? Is it a good thing or a bad thing?

3.) Photo Story: Share photos of your most recent trip to the beach (maybe an excuse to go!).

4.) Write a poem about starting over.


5.) Your top 10 Summer Don’ts.




Starting Over

The hardest part of ending is starting again....
The hardest part of starting is knowing where to begin.

I wish I knew 20 years ago what I know now...
Might have changed the course of my life somehow.

I'm starting anew, even if it wasn't in my plan.
Learning to live alone, to be the best I can.

Mowing the yard, going to work, raising the boys..
Taking care of the pets, and searching for life's  little joys.

Sleeping alone, driving alone, sitting alone, feeling ...  alone
I've always been a  loner, but the new silence is not a pleasant tone.

One foot in front of the other, it's what I've always done.
I will do the same now, because this fight is already won.

I know I will overcome, I will succeed.
The journey is long, the path rough and unclear.
But I will make it, if His voice I will heed.

                                                                                                Michelle Jxxxxx 5-26-11







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very touching. I've been through a divorce so this speaks to my heart.

I like your background too by the way.

Here from @MamaKatsLoosinIt's Writer's Workshop!