Sunday, May 1, 2011

First of the Month






"The goal is to capture one thing repeatedly on the first of each month. It can be a landscape, a person, an animal, a project; whatever your focus is, is fine. It can even be a record of where you are each First of the Month."

So...I'm just now joining this meme, because I was having a hard time figuring what "theme" to focus my first of the month photos on...and I decided today: 

The Weather
 
(confession:  these were taken earlier this week...but the weather is no different today than it's been all week...it is just not currently raining.  If it starts raining again today before it gets dark, I'll take some more so they can truly be "First of the Month".)



This is my back patio....this photo was taken from the door; the water was mere fractions of an inch of being inside the house.


My son's slide in the front side yard....notice where it is sitting.  In all the storms we have ever had, it has not once ever been blown over or otherwise moved from this spot.  In fact, there are bare spots in the grass where it sits.
See where it is now....the water pushed it forward.

You can kind of see the water running down the driveway....and of course it is gushing along the curb at the end of the driveway.

Another shot of the driveway.


There have been many road closures due to the flooding and many downed trees due to the wind, and many many people without power, also due to the wind.

We have been blessed to not have lost any power (though the lights have blinked multiple times) nor have we had to redirect our travels due to closed roads.

If it starts raining before it gets dark tonight, I will post more photos so they can truly be "First of the Month".



7 comments:

Pamela said...

now if you could send some of that to some of those places in the south west that are so thirsty.

Kim, USA said...

I see a lot of water. Good news you are spared and my thoughts and prayers to those who are affected too. Thanks for sharing these photos!! Happy Monday!
1st of the Month

kayerj said...

wow, that's a lot of rain. Kaye—the road goes ever ever on

Jan AKA Wammy said...

Yikes We have standing water in our backyard but nothing like yours. Our rain barrel has overflowed more times thant I can remember. Try to stay dry!

Leora said...

My! That is a lot of wet. Glad you are safe.

Faye said...

I understand your concern. We've had rain for almost two solid weeks and the Ohio River is busting at its seams! Stay dry, if you can.

Beyond the Dog Dish said...

Oh my that is a lot of rain! Hopefully it didnt keep up for long.