Friday, May 13, 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday


Courtney at My So Called Denver was an awesome friend to Lauren and provided this weeks Fill in the Blanks!  WooHoo!!  Thanks Courtney!

1. If I had to use 3 words to describe why I am undoubtedly a Texan they would be twang (as in accent), cold (as in I hate it), and proud (who isn't proud to be from Texas?).



2. Something that happened to me in life that initially seemed bad but turned out to be good was becoming a bereaved parent.  Although saying it turned out to be good is probably a stretch....good has come from it, but I wouldn't say it has turned out to be good.  The good that has occurred is that I am closer to the Lord, I rely on Him more, and my faith is stronger than ever.  I have a purpose and a plan to raise my son in the next life.  The fact that my faith is stronger has benefited me immensely in recent months, as I endure the trials associated with divorce and infidelity. (This is something I keep being told will be "good" in the end...but as I am not there yet, that remains to be seen, although there have been good things to come out of this as well, even if I can't yet say that it is a good thing). 




3. Something I inherited from my mom is my attraction for pens and list making and my propensity to "collect" things.




4. Something I inherited from my dad is I couldn't tell you.  My biological father remains a mystery to me....but my dad that raised me gave me a love for genealogy and an interest (however mild it may be) in history.



5. My goal for this summer is to go to the temple, hopefully this month but no later than next (my birthday weekend would be awesome!), lose weight, get my children involved in programs at the Y, and conquer the projects at work that keep getting back burnered.


6. The best thing about this week is that it is over.  I have been dreading this week for quite some time...and I am glad that it is all but gone, and hopefully the reason for the dread will be soon.  My life is so much simpler when certain people are not so front and center.




7. Something I couldn't give up if I tried is my need to write....I journal, I blog, I scrapbook, I make notes from books and church talks....I write poems.  Writing is how I express myself...if I couldn't write...I would be so very lost.

No comments: