Friday, April 15, 2011

Rock N Roll Friday





Three Dog Night.

 
1. Black and White: “The world is black The world is white
It turns by day and then by night The child is black The child is white
Together they grow to see the light To see the light”
What are your favorite black and white items?
I LOVE LOVE LOVE black and white photos....I don't know what it is about them...but anytime i look pictures, the black and white are always my favorite



2. Joy To The World: “If I were the King of the world, Tell you what I'd do,
I'd throw away the cars and the bars and the wars
And make sweet love to you”
What would YOU do if you were King of the World?
I'd have to be Queen...not King...but I wouldn't want to be in charge of the world.  I have enough trouble managing my own little world...lol


3. Easy To Be Hard: “How can people have no feelings, How can they ignore their friends
Easy to be proud, easy to say no”
Have you ever ignored a friend?
I have been ignored, but no, I have not ignored a friend.  What kind of friend does that?


4. Old Fashioned Love Song: “Just an old-fashioned love song, One I'm sure they wrote for you and me, Just an old-fashioned love song, Comin' down in 3-part harmony”
What song do you think was written about you?
i don't...however, there are many songs that seem to describe situations in my life at the time they are out


5. Out In The Country: “Before the breathin' air is gone, Before the sun is just a bright spot in the nighttime, Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone and take back somethin' worth rememberin'”
When was the last time you took back something worth rememberin?
I am currently, ever so slowly, taking back my life...it has been a long time coming, but will be so worth it.


6. Family of Man: “Memories replacing the loves that we've lost, Burning our bridges as soon as they're crossed, Factories built where the rivers ran, And time running out for the family of man”
Since the nuclear plant tragedy in Japan, what alternate power source would you prefer?
solar sounds good



7. Shambala: “Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind, On the road to Shambala,
Everyone is lucky, everyone is so kind, On the road to Shambala”
Where have you been where everyone is overly friendly?





8. Eli’s Comin: “Well you better hide your heart, your loving heart
Eli's a-comin' and the cards say... a broken heart”
What good advice did you ignore and then later regret?
I only ignored it for a few months (ok almost a year)...a friend told me numerous times last year to do what i finally did this year...and that is to separate from my husband...I filed for divorce in feb.  As hard as it's been, I know in my heart that it is and will be what is best for my children and I.


9. One: “It's just no good anymore since she went away, Now I spend my time just making rhymes of yesterday”
Can you make up a rhyme?
who me?  of course...what would you like it to be?


10. Never Been To Spain: “Well I never been to heaven, But I been to Oklahoma
Well they tell me I was born there, But I really don't remember”
What is your earliest memory as a child/baby?
i vaguely remember being in Germany the first time....playing under the balcony of the first floor "apartment"...(they weren't really apartments...military quarters)


11. Mama Told Me Not To Come: “Just open the window brother, and let me catch my breath”
Where was the last really stinky place you were in?
um...not sure...I try to avoid stinky places..:)



12. One Man Band: “Here I am, take my hand, I'm your man, Baby, let me be your one man band”
Do you play an instrument?
no...not unless tapping my feet or drumming my fingers counts


13. Liar: “You've taken my life, so take my soul, That's what you said and I believed it all
I want to be with you as long, As you want me to, I won't move away
Ain't that what you said?”
When was the last time you were lied to?
considering I was lied to pretty much every day of 2010 and probably multiple times over the last 20 years...if I had to guess, probably the last time I talked to my husband (now pending divorce)




No comments: