Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday's Fave Five



five favorite things from my week...

5.  Taking a NAP this afternoon!  I don't sleep much (I sleep well when I sleep...just have trouble getting and staying asleep)...so I seize any opportunity to nap that presents itself.  And albeit interrupted at first, that opportunity came today.  Sweet!!

4.  Accompanying a dear friend to the doctor Monday afternoon.  She has been really sick with some sort of allergic asthma reaction and having a lot of trouble breathing...and did not want to drive to the doctor by herself.  I was available (had taken the day off for my son's field trip that was subsequently cancelled due to the weather) and more than happy to ride along.

3.  General Conference weekend.  (I'm presuming this fave five list begins from sat to fri...or at least hope it does.)  In which case, last weekend was General Conference.  It was AWESOME.  I love hearing real time instruction from the leaders of my faith.  And there were a couple of talks that I felt were written just for my benefit.  I can't wait until they are printed in our monthly magazine so I can read and highlight and apply the principles in my life.

2.  My best friend's son got his mission call.  He will be serving in the Charlotte, NC mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  He leaves for the Missionary Training Center in a couple of weeks.  I am so happy and excited for them all!  He has been and will be a GREAT missionary!

1.  An email I received today from a co-worker in another dept.  My boss resigned 2 weeks ago, and while we are all very very happy for him...we are also incredibly saddened by his departure.  (Not to mention, his duties are being divvied up among the 3 supervisors and 1 other person.  So I will have more added to my already overflowing platter.)  The email said, "Michelle-I hope you know how much we love you here in PI, and if anyone can fill Jace's shoes, it would be you...   :)"
I was touched to say the least.  (And for the record, I will NOT be "filling Jace's shoes"....as I have neither the education nor the required certification and I definitely DO NOT have the desire.) 




4 comments:

Karyn said...

Welcome to FFF! I hope you enjoy participating each week.

What an encouraging note you recieved from your co worker! Good to know how much others think of you!

Susanne said...

Hi Michelle and welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Good to have you looking back and sharing your blessings.

What a sweet email from a co-worker! That must have brightened your whole day.

It was really nice that you could be there for your friend. Breathing issues are scary and you must have been a comfort to her.

Love when I hear a speaker and they seem to have points that are just for me.

Pondside said...

Isn't it nice to be recognised by a co-worker, especially when you don't expect it? It sounds like you've had a very good week!

Willow said...

Welcome to FFF. It's always a great week when someone encourages you with an email like that!