Friday, March 11, 2011

Five ? Friday





1. Do you know what your REAL hair color is?
i do...actually, it's not different than what it is now....I was tow head blond as a child; as I got older, it got darker...and then lighter again (as in gray)...so blond from a box works well for me...

2. Do you plan ahead for summer, or fly by the seat of your pants?
try to plan as much as possible



3. What is your favorite meal to cook?
dessert!




4. Do you get offended by not receiving thank yous?
not usually...depends on who and what i did...but I don't do things for others to be recognized for it


 
5. How did you meet your best friend?
I have four friends that qualify as "best" or at least very close friends...they are the ones I can talk about pretty much everything with
....my best friend from afar is Jenn...we met at church.  Our families moved to this area within a month of each other; we were paired up as visiting teaching companions and hit it off from that day forward...she and her family moved to Washington state in 2006, but we still talk almost daily.
My local best friend is Holly...we actually met when my oldest son was in middle school....she was his 8th grade English teacher.  She began attending our church last year...and became a very close friend in Nov last year.  During a very difficult time in my life, instead of asking "Are you OK?" (like most everyone else), she asked me "What's wrong with you?"..and truly wanted to know and help.  And has continued to be a vital part of my current journey.
Colby and Debra are both from work.....Colby and I are supervisors in the same dept..we met when she was part of the peer group that interviewed me for my initial position at the hospital; 
Debra and I eat lunch together most days of the week..she is in the IT dept..we met when she came to set up my work email when I started working at the hospital 7.5 years ago--they are both also very much a large part of my journey...they each offer insights I might not othewise have.


No comments: