Thursday, February 10, 2011

Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop

Mama's Losin' It


The Prompts:




1.) A lecture you still remember.

2.) You know you’re a rookie mom when you…

3.) A poem for your special Valentine.

4.) Share a photo that captures special Valentine(s).

5.) Read the following quote and respond: “Sometimes you have to break the rules around you to keep the rules within you” -Martha Beck O Magazine

4.) Share a photo that captures special Valentine(s).

The one who has been my primary valentine for the last 20 years (we met the week of Valentine's Day 20 years ago)  has a new valentine this year, so my Valentines this year are my children and friends.  (But I don't yet have pics of all my friends, so rather than leave anyone out, I will only post pics of my children.)

In order of birth....

My oldest child and beautiful daughter, Nina.  She is one of my best friends and biggest supporters.

My oldest son, Christopher.  He has also been a huge support to me in recent weeks and understands so much more than anyone gives him credit for. 

The firstborn of my identical twin boys...Kyle...born sleeping and  watches over us with the angels. 


My youngest son, Kraig, born 4 minutes after his twin, who is both an extreme blessing and joy and the ultimate challenge all at once. 
My friends that would be included are Jenn and Holly (without whom I would not have the strength to keep pressing forward), and Colby and Debra (whom have both been where I am in different perspectives and offer invaluable insight). 

There you have it....I almost didn't do the workshop this week...didn't think I would be able to choose a prompt given the current state of my marriage...but I'm glad I did.  My children have always been the light of my life....everything I have ever done, good or bad, everything I have endured...has been for them.  Even my current choices have been for them...as painful as it is for all of us.

4 comments:

S Dupree said...

You have a beautiful family. Stay strong. Just visiting from Mama Kat's Workshop. :-)

iphonemom.blogspot.com

Holly said...

Sorry for the loss of your angel and your pooh head EX LOVE. (My first did that to me, too... It will get better... He's proven he's not worthy of YOU, NOT the other way around!) Children are WONDERFUL Valentines!! So glad you have them! (((HUGS)))

avgordsuprgddss said...

You have a beautiful family!!! Enjoy them.

Colby said...

Ahhh, thanks for the sweet words, my friend! I am glad I've been able to give you some perspective from my family ordeal. You know, God surrounds us with people that can be a blessing to us, or to whom we can be a blessing. For all the hurt that we sometimes experience, we can use it to help or encourage someone else. While I can't specifically know YOUR personal hurt/pain, I've loved someone deeply that has. And if what I've learned can add any perspective or insight for you, I feel privileged. God has some great things in store for you, Michelle. And you may not see that now, or in a month, or a year...but He will show you in His time. You deserve so MUCH, and I pray that healing and happiness are coming your way!!