Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mama Kat's Writing Workshop

Mama's Losin' It

1.) Choose a word that encompasses 2010 and describe why. What word will you choose as your theme for 2011?

The word I would choose is….HORRIBLE. 2010 was horrible in every conceivable way for me, and if I never repeat a year like it again, it will be too soon. As for the why, I can’t say. It is personal and private…and involves other people.

My theme word for 2011 is….RENEWED. Because regardless of what happens, I will be renewed…in myself, in my faith, in my family. I don’t yet know where the path will take me, but I am ready for it to be better than last year’s path.


2.) If the way you spent your New Year's Eve is any indication of how the rest of the year will go, how would you say your future is looking right about now?

As it is already 9 days into the new year, I can safely say that the way I spent New Year’s Eve does not appear to be indicative of how my year will go. If it were the 2nd, I could say how I spent New Year’s Eve would indicate that this would be a GREAT year…but that did not last.


3.) Drunk.

I have never been drunk (considering I don’t drink alcohol)..but I imagine being drunk feels like taking Stadol on an empty stomach. I was given it the night before my sons were born. I had not been allowed to eat for 2 days by then, and I was hurting from having to lay in bed for the same amount of time. The room was spinning, my husband’s mouth was moving, but I have no idea what he was saying. He finally told me just to close my eyes and go to sleep. It was awful. I told him later, if that is what being drunk or high feels like…he had no need to worry about me ever being either one!


4.) What happened in 2010 that you'd rather not repeat?

See number 1.…


5.) Read and Respond: "If you want to make your dreams come true, the first thing you have to do is wake up." ~J.M. Power

I like the quote…and I have to agree. Dreams don’t happen by simply thinking you want something to happen. They might start there…but action is required. Usually hard work as well. And a whole lot of faith.


P.S.  The rules are to choose ONE prompt and write about it...but I like to write to much to follow the rules and pick just one, especially when I have something to say about each of them.  Sorry. 





No comments: