Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Random Dozen (or just 2)



1. What scares you the most

A) Physically--spiders and snakes....need I say more?  actually spiders don't scare me so much as I just don't like them.  Snakes however....totally different story.

B) Emotionally--this has actually already happened....but losing add'l people I love, primarily in death, but also in other ways....this does scare me immensely...and I will do everything in my power to keep it from happening.



Why does it scare you, and how do you cope?
A)  unless they are poisonous, spiders are just creepy crawly; snakes on the other hand are seldom harmless, even if they aren't poisonous...and I have enough to keep track of without having the wherewithal to identify types of snakes....I cope by breathing in and out, as slowly as possible....
B)  one day at a time, one foot in front of the other....I realized earlier this year that I can only change me and then hope it's enough.  So far, so good. 


2. What comes to mind when you read the phrase, "Nothing gold can stay?"
something I learned some time ago in church....all the money, all the possessions, all the "things" we accumulate in this life...stay here.  We take nothing with us into the next life except the knowledge we acquire in this life.

1 comment:

The Lovely One said...

I just recently read another post referring to "nothing gold can stay." She was writing about The Outsiders, but it makes me want to catch up on my Robert Frost!