
9/27/10
1. Do you believe, somewhere deep inside, that blondes do indeed have more fun? That they are "dumber" than brunettes or redheads? Be honest!
no...I don't believe hair color has anything to do with how much fun one has or how smart a person is; even though I color my hair blonde most of the time (sometimes red).. I have no more fun than the next person nor am I as dumb or naive or clueless as some might like to think.
2. Which animal would you most like to observe in its wild habitat?
my favorite animal is the dolphin...I have seen them in the wild...it is very very cool. Many years ago we went to Galveston Island for vacation....there is a lookout area there called Seawolf Park.........we could hear the dolphins out in the water with the boats. We also went on a dolphin cruise another year...it was so incredibly amazing!!!
3. This week the U.N. announced that Dr. Mazlan Othman has been appointed the official "Alien Ambassador," should any extraterrestrials contact us. Have you, or has anyone you know, ever seen a UFO?
um....no
4. Name your favorite Hitchcock film.
I haven't ever really watched Hitchcock....Birds is the one I am most familiar with
5. Would you rather spend time at the library, the mall, a craft store or home?
I'm a self professed homebody....I like going to the library to check out books but not really to spend a lot of time there; I could do some damage in a craft store and enjoy going to scrapbook crops on occasion, but again, not really into spending alot of time there; I like being at home.
6. Which Disney princess is your favorite? (Or Disney character, if you are a guy)
I'll have to think about this one.....
7. What kind of art is your favorite?
I'm more of a crafty person....but I appreciate the talents of all kinds of artists....painters, photographers, etc. I especially like paintings, photos etc that tell a story, or convey a message or meaning. I don't get much from abstract art....appreciate the talent, but just don't get much out of it.
8. How do you feel about viral videos, that is, videos made by amateurs that end up on Youtube receiving thousands of hits?
one hit wonders? i don't know...I don't typically get into all the hype that comes from those kinds of things...
9. Where do you buy your jeans?
walmart, generally
10. Tell me about your first automobile accident.
the first I was in?....that would have been the time my husband changed lanes to pass the truck in front of us, but the truck was turning left. We ended up in the corner of the field at the intersection, busted hubcap, and flat tire. But no one was hurt...and my father in law came along shortly after and helped change the tire.
11. Have you ever been honest when you knew you would benefit more if you would be dishonest?
yes...I try to always be honest. And I believe that even when it hurts, it is better to be honest at the get go...than to lie and then come clean. Mostly because 1--whatever it is that is being lied about WILL come out...lying only lasts so long, and one can only hide for so long. And 2--lying destroys relationships; trust is a very very fragile thing..and very very hard to build back up once it's been lost.
12. If you were appointed "Ambassador to Aliens," what would you show and tell first about life on Earth? What would be the most difficult thing to explain?
I would probably show our beautiful world first....the variety, the colors, the seasons. The most difficult thing to explain would be the people....so many different cultures, personalities, differences.
9/21/10
1. Have you, or has someone close to you, ever won an award for anything?
besides my blog award the other day?.....I won awards in high school at UIL competitions and I was inducted into Phi Theta Kappa in college and I graduated from college with High Honors (meaning I had a 3.5 GPA). Those are awards to me....and I worked damn hard for them, too!
2. Who is the nearest relative to you who has served in the US Military?
my dad...he was a medic for many years until he injured his ankle; then he changed fields and took pictures for the Pentagon
3. Share something that stirs the patriotic spirit in you.
Lee Greenwood singing God Bless the USA....but just seeing an American flag flying when it's not a "patriotic" holiday.
4. Where are you in the birth order in your family? Do you think your "placement" made a difference in your personality?
I am the oldest of 3....and yes, maybe. It probably made me bossy, as I was left in charge alot. I don't know what else birth order is supposed to influence...I've read that oldest children are leaders...I don't feel that I am and certainly was not when I was younger; I've read that oldest siblings are more outgoing...that is so not true for me. I have never been outgoing...I am friendly, and while I will now initiate conversations with people I don't know ...I most definitely did not do that when I was younger.
I am the oldest of 3....and yes, maybe. It probably made me bossy, as I was left in charge alot. I don't know what else birth order is supposed to influence...I've read that oldest children are leaders...I don't feel that I am and certainly was not when I was younger; I've read that oldest siblings are more outgoing...that is so not true for me. I have never been outgoing...I am friendly, and while I will now initiate conversations with people I don't know ...I most definitely did not do that when I was younger.
5. Name one trait you hope you carry that was evidenced in your parents or grandparents.
longevity...my grandparents lived long lives! I hope to do the same, preferably with lots of family around.
6. If female, do you prefer wearing a skirt or pants? If male, shirt and tie or polo?
oh pants definitely! I wear dresses or skirts, but not often. Actually, I prefer shorts, truth be told.
oh pants definitely! I wear dresses or skirts, but not often. Actually, I prefer shorts, truth be told.
7. Approximately how many times do you wake during the night? What do you do to go back to sleep?
I couldn't keep count of that if I tried...I don't sleep well anyway, and I sleep lightly also, especially if my husband isn't there with me (which thankfully is not an issue)...I change position alot (aka I toss and turn), I might go to the bathroom, get a drink...if I truly can't get to sleep or get back to sleep, I get up....mess around on the computer, read,
8. Share a favorite movie quote.
I have two....
"1600 where?" from Murder at 1600
"Say that again..." from Independence Day
9. What is your favorite Fall candle scent?
"Say that again..." from Independence Day
9. What is your favorite Fall candle scent?
Pumpkin Spice....
10. What is one Fall activity you're looking forward to?
chili cook off at church!
11. Tell us about a pleasant surprise that happened to you recently.
a pleasant surprise...hmmm.....not sure I have one....there has been a recent surprise (ok not really a surprise) but it is definitely not pleasant, nor will it end pleasantly for all parties involved
12. What was it like when you first met your in-laws-to-be?
it was fine I'm sure....I don't really remember...it was 19+ years ago!
it was fine I'm sure....I don't really remember...it was 19+ years ago!
1 comment:
enjoyed your answers!
Post a Comment