Thursday, September 30, 2010

Miscellaneous Stuff About Me

I don't remember where this came from...but I love stuff like this.  I think it started as a "blog swap/featured blogger" questionaire...but I thought it would be fun to answer them....kind of a get to know me post. 

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird?
I am more of a middle of the day person...lol.  I'm not a night person....although lately I haven't been able to get to sleep or sleep well when I do.  And I am definitely not a morning person...mostly because I don't sleep well, so mornings come fast and furious.  But I am at my best from about 10ish to about 6 or 7ish....most productive, most coherent....get the most done then! 
And would you change it if you could? 
um...maybe.  I like getting up early in the morning, in the moments before everyone else gets up...it's quiet, peaceful, I can read my scriptures, write in  my journal.  But the nighttimes can be fun too....I just tend to be too tired to enjoy it much....Just because I'm not able to sleep doesn't mean I'm functioning well!





If you could go back to any moment in your past and make a different choice, would you?
possibly, but maybe not.  I believe that everything that happens, happens for a reason...and by going back to make a different choice would change the path that has been planned....now, that is not to say that our choices don't have any influence over the blessings that we are to receive or that poor choices may alter the original path the Lord has planned for us, as I also have been  taught and believe we each have our agency to make decisions...but those choices are to be made knowing that the Lord will bless us for making the right choice...not as a go back or a do-over to change a decision after knowing the results.  Not sure I am making sense...but I hope so.
If it's not too personal - what was that moment? 
one is that I would have held fast to my values, my morality; the other is that I would not have put my dreams of a Temple marriage on hold. 




Do you believe in prayer?
ABSOLUTELY!!  There is no question that they are answered...maybe not the way we would like or are expecting or in the time we would like...but they are answered





If you won a $500 shopping spree, but had to spend it in ONE store - what store would it be?
Michael's.....no question!  I can satisfy ALL of my crafting obsessions in one fell swoop!







What is your favorite food?
Mexican, preferably a local, family owned place.  Chips and salsa,  authentic burritos, homemade guacamole....yum 





Who has been your biggest inspiration in life?
this is a hard one....kind of depends on what the inspiration is....there is a lady I met several years ago who has been an inspiration to me spiritually, specifically about keeping hope, not giving up....and my boss is an inspiration to me professionally...





Which room is your favorite room in your house?
depends on what I'm doing...I tend to migrate to my office/craft room...it's where "my" stuff is, my computer, my projects, etc.  But I am also quite comfortable in what is now essentially my husband's room....we watch tv and movies together frequently....





Are you a country-girl, or a city-girl? And I'm not asking where you LIVE but who you are!
country girl, definitely.  I love wide open fields, fresh air, wild animals (from a distance ....lol), the colors of the grass and flowers, the breeze, sunsets and sunrises, crickets chirping, butterflies, cattle, horses....



If you could pick one place to live, where would it be?
if I could relocate my son with us.....hmmm.....somewhere with more moderate temperatures, less allergens, fresh air, yard area...so, yeah, whereever THAT is...lol...as it is unlikely such a place exists...I'll just stay where I am, thanks



Are you a dog or cat person?
can I be both?  if I have to choose, I would say I'm  a dog person...but each have their own quirks 
Why? 
dogs they are more affectionate, but require more attention and work; cats tend to be more independent, but are also more moody and standoffish
 we have both...and I love all of our animals....they each have their own personalities that endear them to us 



3) Close your eyes and reach into your purse; what is the first thing you grabbed?
my nametag from work and a prescription bottle...neither item are usually even in my purse....I took my nametag off when my husband and I went to read to my son's class at school and I need to get my medicine refilled

4) What was your favorite childhood toy?
probably my Barbies...I loved to "play house"...lol

5) The seasons are about to change; which is your favorite?
spring and fall used to be about equal...but now I like spring more than fall...I love the cooler weather that fall brings...but it also brings about a busyness to our lives with the holidays and birthdays (we have at least one in each month from Oct thru Dec) and it also is a time of reflection and grief for us. 

6) What side of the bed do you sleep on?
depends on how the room is arranged...I tend to sleep on whichever side the alarm clock and lamp are on....currently it is the right side as you face the bed from the foot, although that may soon be changing--my husband sleeps better on his right side (which would be the left side of the bed if you weren't paying attn), but also likes to hold me when we sleep....which means I'm on the wrong side for that--
And do you like cuddling when you sleep or do you have to have your own space? 
as you might have guessed from the previous question....cuddling,  always...I love falling asleep wrapped in my husband's arms (and legs... ;)..waking up that way is nice too...;;)



7) What is your favorite candy?
3 Musketeers

8) If I gave you $100 right now, what would you do with it?
right now...probably pay a bill...sad but true



No comments: