Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday Stealing

I missed almost ALL of last week's meme's...so this weeks will be doubled up.

August 29

21. If you were to live your life without your best friend, what would change?

I would be a very lonely person.....I wouldn't have my soulmate, I would be half of who I am, I wouldn't have anyone to talk to about everything

22. Tell us about an era of your life that you really miss.
probably my twenties...because I didn't really get to experience them as a 20 something....no regrets, but sometimes we miss what we didn't get to have, ya know? ....I was a married working mom when I was able to finally go back to school, so my college experience is very different than most people..but the important thing is I graduated, and I have a beautiful family

23. Have you ever been betrayed by someone that came as a complete surprise? Without revealing the person, if yes, tell us about it.
yes, and sorry not gonna discuss this one...still too new, too raw, and I prefer to move forward not backward

24. Do you ever think that is a good idea to hide your feelings?
um..no.  I have learned and am still working on this..but it is better to get it out...with tact and with as little emotion and as much neutrality as possible, but it is not good to keep it in and let it build..then it just creates way more conflict and issues than if it had been discussed to start with


25. Tell us about your favorite year when you were a student.
probably my junior year...it had it's rough spots...but as compared to other years...it was pretty good, by that time, I had established my circle of friends, I had a boyfriend for most of the year
and I was going to be a SENIOR  (I would have said my senior year was best...it had it's good parts, but overall, it wasn't really)

25. When was the last time you were in a very good mood? What caused it?
lately I have been in a pretty good mood....and the cause is my husband  :-)
26. Have you ever had a romantic relationship with a sibling of a good friend?
nope
27. Tell us about the last thing that you did that you truly regret.
I'd really rather not....it's still kind of a sore spot, and just best not re-opened.  We have moved past it, and I prefer to keep it there.

28. When did you laugh today?
at church...during one of the talks...he was quite funny at the beginning; there is an ongoing dialogue when a member of the congregation is asked to speak...so many of the adult speakers will have some sort of opening kind of making fun of being asked to speak and how they could have gotten out of it...his wife is pregnant, so he said if he might just have to leave...

29. Do you trust easily?
oh gosh no--I am a very private person, and it takes me awhile to feel comfortable enough to open up about anything
30. What do you care about that you wish more people would?
within my home....our family spirituality and closeness to Christ; outside of my home, the effects of premature birth and undiagnosed disorders of twin pregnancies (TTTS to be precise)


31. Is it easier for you to go without food or go without sleep?
I don't sleep well anyway...so I often go without enough sleep; I can't stand to be hungry and given that I have recently began experiencing severe stomach pains when it's time to eat...I am trying to not go without food for very long

32. What non-alcohol beverage do you enjoy drinking the most?
Dr. Pepper (or Dr. K actually)


33. When you walk into a room full of strangers, generally how is your confidence?
oh low low low....I have and to some degree suffer low self esteem, low self confidence, and that is only intensified with people I don't know...my mind is constantly wondering what they are thinking, and wishing I could just fade into the wall;  I love to meet new people, but the initial meeting is quite difficult for me
34. Does talking about sex with anyone but your lover make you uncomfortable?
I'm not entirely comfortable talking about it with him, but definitely not comfortable with anyone else
35. Do you tend to believe members of the opposite sex mostly behave the same way?
for the most part yes...they are all different as we all are, but there are some very very similar behaviors common to them all...they only vary by degree

36. Did you drink any alcohol this week? If yes, what?
I never drink alcohol; the only alcohol I might ever consume is in medicine

37. Would you ever consider being a vegetarian?
prob not...meat is necessary in moderation and there is only so much soy and other substitutes can provide

38. Do you believe that there’s always room in your heart for someone?
of course...the heart grows to make room for more

39. Do you believe in the concept of soul mates?
ABSOLUTELY!  (And I married mine!)

40. Last week, we had a few players criticize our victim’s questions. Which is fine to do and we value your opinion. Would you ever consider writing questions for Bud and me to post on a Sunday Stealing?
sure, why not?  I would just need sufficient time to think of something worthy to ask


August 22

1. Are you happier now than you were five months ago?

ooohhhh....in alot of  ways, yes; these last 5-6 months have not been necessarily very good...but things are looking up and moving forward


2. Have you ever slept in the same bed with anyone that you shouldn't have?
um....no

3. Can you sleep in total darkness?
only when I have to...but it takes me a while to get to sleep

4. Your phone is ringing. It’s the person you fell hardest for, the one who got away, what do you say?
hello?...but then that's if I answer at all

5. What do you think about the weather this summer?
it has been too damn hot, but we are in a cooling trend it seems...so it's been very very nice, although today it's been raining some...so that is not so nice...I'm just glad it waited until I got home from church to downpour

6. How many people do you trust with everything?
um...2:  my husband and my best friend Jenn

7. What was the last thing you drank?
Dr. K (the Kroger version of Dr. Pepper...not a great substitute, but it is cheaper)

8. Is there anyone you want to come see you?
jenn...

9. Name one thing you love about winter?
snow...I absolutely hate the cold, but I totally love the snow and the beautiful scenery it makes

10. Have you ever dated a Goth?
no

11. What are you looking forward to tomorrow?
um.....tomorrow is Monday....not really sure there is much to look forward to

12. Name something you dislike about the day you’re having?
nothing to dislike..I like most Sundays...I guess the fact that the weekend is almost over is quite dislikable!

13. What's the longest that you have committed to one person and one person only?
19 years and counting....

14. What’s the first thing you did when you opened your eyes today?
depends on which time I opened my eyes...I woke up the first time today at 145am with stomach pains that have recently begun to plague me; when I woke up "for the day" so to speak, the first thing I did was snuggle up to my husband  :-)

15. Has anyone ever told you they never want to ever lose you?
yep...my husband has told me that often

16. Is there anybody that you wish you could fix your relationship with?
i only wish to continue to improve my relationship with my husband and my children and other family and friends....if there is a relationship that remains broken, it obviously broke for a reason

17. Could you go out in public, looking like you do now?
certainly

18. Do you think things will change in the next 3 months? How?
everything changes every day...the weather will change, my children will have birthdays, we will 3 months closer to vacation

19. Do you believe that you never know what you got until you lose it?
i do believe that in some instances.

20. Do you have a friend of the opposite sex you can talk to?
i do...my husband.

No comments: