Saturday, August 21, 2010

Rock N Roll Fridays





The folks over at Rock 'n Roll Fridays ask thirteen questions each and every Friday. But the "twist" is that each week they pick a singer, band, era or category and pick thirteen of their lyrics. Each of the questions will be based on the lyrics.
This week is Green Day.
The song titles are in caps. Both the titles and the lyrics are in bold.
Here's Rock 'n Roll Fridays!


1. 21 GUNS:



“Do you know what’s worth fighting for?  When it’s not worth dying for?  Does it take your breath away and you feel yourself suffocating?” 

What was the last cause/reason that you signed a petition or joined in a protest?
I have joined and signed petitions to support legislation to provide certificates of birth for babies born still.



2. AMERICAN IDIOT:


“Don’t want to be an American idiot.  One nation controlled by the media.  Information age of hysteria.  It’s going out to idiot America”

Where is the best place for trusted information about world events?
I don't know....probablyy a combination of the news, the internet.



3. GOOD RIDDANCE:


“Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road.  Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go.  So make the best of this test and don’t ask why.  It’s not a question but a lesson learned in time”…

What was the last lesson or message about life you learned?
that you can never fully be prepared for anything


4. WELCOME TO PARADISE:


“Dear Mother Can you hear me whining?  It’s been 3 weeks since that I left your home.  This sudden fear has left me trembling.  Cause now it seems that I am out here on my own  And I’m feeling so alone”…

Where was the place you went to live when you first moved out of your parents/guardians home?
into a rent house with my husband



5. MINORITY:


“I want to be the minority  I don’t need your authority  Down with the moral majority  Cause I want to be the minority”…

When have you ever felt like an outsider?
a more appropriate question would be when have I not



6. WHEN I COME AROUND:


“Oh I heard it all before  So don’t knock down my door  I’m a loser the user  So I don’t need no accuser


To try and slag me down because I know you’re right”…

What was the last bad thing you discovered about yourself?
I've discovered that I sometimes don't know when to shut my mouth..I just keep going and going when I should have shut up a long time ago



7. MISERY:


“Mr. Whirly had a catastrophic incident  He fell into the city by the bay  He liquidated his estate  Now he sleeps upon the Haight  Panhandling misery”…

If you have ever been poor, what lesson, skill-set or experience came from it?
wow..um...budgeting, resourceful cooking, using what you have




8. 80:


“Sometimes I wonder if I should be left alone  And lock myself up in a padded room  I’d sit and spew my guts out in the open air   Cuz no one wants to hear a drunken fool”…

How do you relax after a stressful day?
what i'm doing now...I blog!  or facebook or play bejeweled or free cell.  sometimes I scrapbook or crochet



9. REDUNDANT:


“We’re livin in a repetition  Content in the same old stick again  Now the routine’s turnin to a contention  ike a production line goin over and over and over roller coaster”…

Do you do something over and over the same way, even though you know there is a better/simpler way to do it?
probably, but no examples come to mind at the moment



10. ANDROID:


“It makes me wonder when I grow to be that age  Will I be walking down the street begging for your spare change  Or will I grow that old? Will I still be around?  The way I carry on, I’ll end up 6 feet underground and waste away”…

What age do you believe is OLD and why?
at various times during my adult life, I remember thinking my parents were old when they were the age I am...but it doesn't seem so old now that I am there....um...but 80s 90s still seem old.  gray hair, less functioning bodies, more pain.



11. WAITING:


“I’ve been waiting a lifetime for this moment to come  I’m destined for anything at all”… 

What is your biggest dream in life (so far)?
to attend the temple  (LDS folks will know what I am referring to)



12. POPROCKS AND COKE:


“I don’t care is you don’t mind  I’ll be there, not far behind  I will dare, keep in mind, I’ll be there for you”…

What is the biggest favor you ever did for family or for a friend?
I am not a score keeper...so I can't really say



13. BASKET CASE:


“Yea, I went to a shrink to analyze my dreams,  She says it’s lack of sex that’s bringin’ me down…”

What would you like more of in your life?
i would like to enjoy it more...whatever is necessary to allow that to happen is what i need:  time, money, ideas, etc

No comments: